DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

2E Combat Tracker Initiatives

Using 2E ruleset

Is there an option in settings to keep my NPC/Monsters with in a D10 on initiative like my PCs. The reason I am asking is because the PCs never obtain an initiative above a 9(understandable). On the other hand I have NPCs/Monsters ending up with initiatives in the teens. This is happening frequently and seems very unbalanced if a majority of the time the PCs are always first up. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles76 View Post
    Using 2E ruleset

Is there an option in settings to keep my NPC/Monsters with in a D10 on initiative like my PCs. The reason I am asking is because the PCs never obtain an initiative above a 9(understandable). On the other hand I have NPCs/Monsters ending up with initiatives in the teens. This is happening frequently and seems very unbalanced if a majority of the time the PCs are always first up. Any help on this would be much appreciated.
    I thought I answered you already on this....

NPCs use size adjustments for initiative. They CAN use weapon/spells speedfactor but they default to size if they dont have a weapon in an attack with speefactor. Spells need to be rolled manually.

PCs use weapons/spells adjustments to initiative.

If all you are doing is rolling "basic" initiative for a PC they will never get above 10.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I am just using the initiative alone, no weapon speed factors. Is there any way to disable the NPC size adjustment to just go straight off of initiative rolls? This is my first post and was unclear on the tracker intiatives. I have gamed 2E for 20+ years and we just eliminated the weapon speed factors to simplify and keep the pace moving. Is that something that can be done? I just wasn't sure about that on FGU and thought I may not have seen that in the settings. I appreciate your help.

I am just using the initiative alone, no weapon speed factors. Is there any way to disable the NPC size adjustment to just go straight off of initiative rolls? This is my first post and was unclear on the tracker intiatives. I have gamed 2E for 20+ years and we just eliminated the weapon speed factors to simplify and keep the pace moving. Is that something that can be done? I just wasn't sure about that on FGU and thought I may not have seen that in the settings. I appreciate your help.
    You cannot disable the size modifiers on npcs.

If the issue is "keep pace moving" then the automated rolling won't change that.

PCs and NPCs can both auto-roll on new round setting the "CT: Auto-Roll Init Each Round" to on. It will roll the npc/pcs initiative on new round.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

"I thought I answered you already on this...." I was asking as well - I am switching from DM to player in his campaign, i guess we both asked the same question...
    Im a Savage Worlds guy, so 2E is all foregin charts to me
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Quote Originally Posted by grimm182 View Post
    "I thought I answered you already on this...." I was asking as well - I am switching from DM to player in his campaign, i guess we both asked the same question...
    Im a Savage Worlds guy, so 2E is all foregin charts to me
    Heh, ok I knew I had answered this but forgot where (discord or here).

Related to the topic.
    I've added a option that will show up next week that will allow disabling "NPC Speed/size" initiative modifers.
    ---

Maybe if I describe my questions from examples you can help me understand what I am not seeing.

I am simulating several combats using auto roll for both (PC and NPC). If I use auto roll shouldn't the weapon speed factor in for the PC automatically? I used a skeleton and 2 different PCs in separate combats with the skeleton. The skeleton shows a zero initiative mod for the atts under actions, are the rolls of a 13 then coming from a M creature size? My PCs with auto never reached above a 10, their weapons were pulled from the PH from drag and drop. If I rolled each PC's initiative individually from their actions tab they did. On a separate encounter with gargoyles (again with auto on both), they are showing 4 attacks with a mod of +1 to each. How could they have a 1-4 initiative if the base would be 5 with a roll of a 1? I had some 1's pop up for them on initiatives. I am sorry if I sound pesky, totally not the case. I just want to understand it moving forward. I am very happy with FGU.

Oh that is awesome thank you for that. Many thanks for the time!

Moved to proper forum for further discussion
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

If I use auto roll shouldn't the weapon speed factor in for the PC automatically?
    No, auto-rolls are just 1d10 for PCs. The complexity of deciding which spell/weapon attack to use for a auto-roll is just not something I care to try and automate for PCs.

Auto-rolls for NPCs use size/speedfactors by default. If they have a weapon with a speedfactor, whatever the slowest one is, will be used.
    ---

Thread Information