DICE PACKS BUNDLE

would it be possible for FGU to use vector images?

the reason why im asking for this. is because vector images dont loose quality no matter how much you zoom in. currently looking at maps on a 4k screen or zooming in on some of the maps really degrade in quality and get blurry. is there any chance we could move to vector images? because in graphic design vector images always keep their sharpness no matter how much you zoom in.

is this a possibility? if so id do a feature request.

Blog Entries
    Possible? Today no. In the future, yes. Is it practical? I don't know.

Add feature requests to the wish list. That way the community can vote and the devs can review and track.
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is unlikely really. Publishers don't publish vector graphics in their products and the main tool used to produce images is Photoshop.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This is unlikely really. Publishers don't publish vector graphics in their products and the main tool used to produce images is Photoshop.
    I wouldn't dismiss the idea just because publishers don't use vector images in their products.

I think it would be a great addition - a very real advantage over other VTTs, for those who run their own homebrew stuff and are capable of producing such images.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    I wouldn't dismiss the idea just because publishers don't use vector images in their products.

I think it would be a great addition - a very real advantage over other VTTs, for those who run their own homebrew stuff and are capable of producing such images.
    exactly. im behind FG because of the automation and maths it takes away from me to have to deal with. i just want the image quality to be good when zooming. i currently am running a dead in thay campaign. which i ported over to FG using the module bought from the store. on Roll 20 where i ported it from no matter how much i zoomed in it kept its quality and detail. but on FGU when zooming in its like looking at a pixelated jpeg file. i want the image quality on the modules to be up to par. especially now that 4k monitors are becoming affordable. i got mine for under 200 bucks off ebay. so i dont think its a stretch to ask for these improvements.

if you want i could make a feature request and post it in here.

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsCouldGetDicey View Post
    on Roll 20 where i ported it from no matter how much i zoomed in it kept its quality and detail. but on FGU when zooming in its like looking at a pixelated jpeg file.
    I don't think roll20 uses vector graphics?

How did you port over the graphic from roll20 to FGU?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I don't think roll20 uses vector graphics?

How did you port over the graphic from roll20 to FGU?
    i dont know if roll 20 uses vector graphics they may infact use the same image file from the source.

and i just rebuilt the characters thats all. and used the FG modules.

this is the image from roll 20.

Screenshot_8.jpg

the same image inside Fantasy grounds unity using the same campaign module

Screenshot_9.jpg

can you see the difference.

Fantasy grounds is using really low quality jpegs because when you zoom it pixelates.

Blog Entries
    Most web browsers can handle some types of vector images. I believe SVG is common (but not sure). JPG images are never vector graphics, and the above example is simple the use of two different resolutions and seeing the behavior because of that. Most iamges in FG modules use 50 pixels per 5 foot square. Roll20 typically uses 72.

Campaign Cartographer can export vector graphics, but that means you can not use any bitmap resources. And from a practical point that means that things like grandparents and blurs are not going to be represented.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information