STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    i did edit it by dragging the skill into the character skill but I can't edit it in the occupation screen as no line appears underneath the firearms skill so I have no way of making it a occupational skill which I can add skill points to
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    You removed the skill from Eras when you changed it from Firearms (which is a required name for the coding that looks for Firearms to work) to Firearms hand guns.

ah that makes sense. Thanks for solving this for me much appreciated, I have purchased and I am enjoying pulp portraits 1

At first I was thrown by the way skills are handled with Eras too - quite different from other rulesets.

I homebrewed a Dark Ages era and didn't realize that eras are just bundles of the core skills, that allow a Keeper to conveniently control what's available on a Character sheet. So...I went about modifying some skills I'd previously dragged & dropped from the Skills window to my custom era, errantly changing the core skills in the process - doh! Once you get used to them though, eras work well. Dark Ages is a bit of a challenge, because it doesn't use a Firearms specialized skill, but Ranged Weapons instead. The custom Ranged Weapons skill I created works perfectly though, even linking the correct skill specialization on the Combat tab for any weapon in inventory. Eras remind me of the way I've used custom groups for skills in my other rulesets, but in CoC7 you don't have to bother with exporting a custom module.

Did you ever receive an answer to this question? I am having the exact same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin911 View Post
    Did you ever receive an answer to this question? I am having the exact same issue.
    There are, unfortunately, a few different questions in this thread. Which specific issue are you having?

Just wanted to come back and say "thank you" for this thread. Running CoC again and had forgotten how to get skills to work. Forgot I needed to write the skill name (for example, handgun) under the skill (in this case firearms) in the occupation in order for it to be recognized as an occupation skill. Thanks!

Can we add a new column for skills for the Pulp option? Each archetype gets skills beyond Occupation and Personal. I've just been assigning skill points till I reach a negative value equal to the Archetype value but it'd be nice to have a separate column.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I have previously attempted this unsuccessfully, The code is quite complex.
    Fair enough... I've got my work-around...

Thread Information