STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

CoC new characters with wrong era skills on character sheet

Hi everyone, im having problems getting new character sheets to have the correct era skills.

i select era in the GM options but when i create a new character i get the standard CoC skills.

ive tried closing all modules except the down darker trails (old west era) im trying to run.

ive tried making all the other eras not public so they cant see them.

ive tried changing the theme from leather and dungeon to no theme as i saw on another thread that may have been an issue.

help!

its probably something super basic and i apologise in advance, however its a real problem, especially when ive tried to create custom eras.
    now its happening on a purchased 'era' im really stuck.

ok so i just logged onto my game as a localhost and i see in my (gm) options the era is set to old west, in the localhost (player) options its set to 1920's and i cant change it!

and even tho my gm side is set to old west, when i create a new charater, i still get 1920's skills.

now ive opened all the CoC rules sets plus pulp rules and there are about 10 skills that are not transferring over from the eras to the character sheet, although it is working up to a point

Blog Entries
    There are two CoC rulesets, 6th and 7th editions. Which one are you using? Are you using any extensions?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

no extensions, 7e.

some skills just refuse to go from the eras to the actual character sheet. in this case i was looking for 'animal handling' and its not there.

i can change eras, and most of the skills change but a handful refuse to populate on the character sheets

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to CoC 7e forum for better visibility. Sorry I don't know this ruleset myself so can't otherwise help

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

ok thanks

i think the problem may be something to do with animal handling being an uncommon skill? its locked by default so i cant change it to make it show up?

Quote Originally Posted by flashingturtle View Post
    i think the problem may be something to do with animal handling being an uncommon skill? its locked by default so i cant change it to make it show up?
    On the GM side, unlock the skill and unselect the "Uncommon" checkbox, then create a PC - it will include the skill as it's no longer tagged as uncommon. The gotcha is that you need to set the skill entry that isn't from another module (i.e. the one that's in the (Uncategorized) group) as this is the one used when creating a PC.

If you've already created a PC, drag/drop the skill to the PC Skills tab.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 26th, 2023 at 22:44.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It worked thank you!!!

Thread Information