DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Alias connections stopped working even generating a new one.

I host a couple of games and recently alias connections have stopped working for my players. I have it port forwarded so they can connect via my ip address just fine. However my ip address unfortunately is not able to be static. So this presents long term problems was hoping to figure out why the alias system seems to be broken for me while working for the rest of the games I join. I do have the enable alias check box on and have generated multiple new aliases. All to no avail.

Have a look in the console.log file after starting a game - this usually shows it registering with the alias server.

Also get the players who can't connect to look in the console.log file to see what IP address they are resolving the alias to.

Both the GM and players can find the console.log file in the <FG app data> directory - get to this by clicking the folder icon on the top right of the FG startup screen. Note - console.log will be overwritten when you start FG up, so make sure you get the logfile before you exit FG fully.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

[30.06.2020 21:06:57] Runtime Notice: Refreshing alias
    [30.06.2020 21:06:57] Runtime Notice: Alias refresh result = Success
    That's what i got from my console log. My friend helping me test saw nothing from his console log about aliases but was unable to connect via alias just ip address.

I’ve seen a couple of reports in Discord and the alias is resolving to 255.255.255.255. This should show on your players log file.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; July 1st, 2020 at 00:44.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

yeah when they try and connect via alias it translates into 255.255.255.255:1802

On the Load Campaign screen, when you click on "<Click to retrieve>" in the External address information field, does it show your external IP address or 255.255.255.255 ?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

No it shows my correct external ip address.

To note this is happening both before and after reinstalling fantasy grounds with revo Uninstaller pro.

Blog Entries
    We don't show any entries in our system for an alias of 255.255.255.255.

The alias system is used by FG Classic, but I see a mention of a player log. Just to confirm, everyone is using FG Classic, correct?

Yeah we are all using classic still. Did I post in the wrong forum somehow?

Thread Information