STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Having a problem Crashing Last Night

PFRPG, I know the map was too large, and I loaded several new extensions, which I unloaded.

I think I am having a memory problem, even though things are as streamlined as they will ever be. Years of not following best practice, and making large maps, this one was 5789 pixels by 3799 pixels would not add the fog of war.

I knew it was too big, so I split it into two maps about half the size on the fly and rebooted. The fog of war worked.

Later after the game, I checked my memory used on log it, it was 67% used on log in. So I decided to add some virtual memory on an empty SSD drive that is empty 162 GB drive. After setup of virtual memory I had 42% memory used.

That may help, but I think I may double my memory to 32 GB.

One good news, I did discover that if I select all the tokens, they may be dragged to the next map.
    Last edited by dellanx; June 28th, 2020 at 19:52.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

If you're using FG Classic then you're limited to about 3.5GB for memory as it's a 32-bit application, it doesn't matter how much free memory you have. Once you get above 3GB memory use for FG you'll start seeing some issues and higher you'll probably crash FG.

And, yeah, that first map is 5 times the recommended size for FG Classic.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you're using FG Classic then you're limited to about 3.5GB for memory as it's a 32-bit application, it doesn't matter how much free memory you have. Once you get above 3GB memory use for FG you'll start seeing some issues and higher you'll probably crash FG.

And, yeah, that first map is 5 times the recommended size for FG Classic.
    Thanks Treloe

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Unloaded sound and World Builder at about 50% with a map loaded.

Untitled.jpg

Thank You!

Like I mentioned - it's not what memory your computer as a whole is using, it's what Fantasy Grounds is using. From your screenshot, FantasyGrounds.exe is using over 3.1GB of memory, you're right on the edge.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Like I mentioned - it's not what memory your computer as a whole is using, it's what Fantasy Grounds is using. From your screenshot, FantasyGrounds.exe is using over 3.1GB of memory, you're right on the edge.
    Turned off a bunch of modules, and a few larger extensions. Is there a command for turning on and turning off a log? Thanks!

Thank You!

Was able to get things to about 2,100 MB by unloading most un-essential extensions and modules.

I think I will slowly cleanup my modules by bringing them into a blank adventure, copying and re-linking what I wish to save. Re-exporting as new trimmed modules, so I can upload only what I need. This may take time, but I have that. Goal will be to be at 1,500 MB with all 4 players logged in.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    Is there a command for turning on and turning off a log?
    What kinds of log?

What kinds of log?
    I was once asked for a log. Today in the folder on my laptop saw "console.log", "install.log", and update.log. Are there any others, are they written automatically? Sorry for the confusion.

Thank You!

Blog Entries
    Those are written automatically. NO way to turn off their creation. But they should be cleaning themselves up (deleting old versions) each time you start FG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information