STAR TREK 2d20

Some erratic behaviour with text select and backspace and delete keys in NPC entries.

Noticed this while making some NPC entries last night in SWADE using the NPC maker extension, thus copying in large amounts of data, then going in to edit the results.

1) After placing the cursor in any block of text on the NPC sheet entries it would graphically appear on letter right of it's actual position.

2) Sometimes it would behave even stranger, it would appear the cursor was several letters to the right but would in fact delete several letters to the left when pressing backspace (one at a time for each backspace press).

3) It would be impossible to select the last few letter blocks. Either by mouse drag, or holding down shift while pressing down and/or right with arrow buttons (bulk selecting).
    ps. Adding cursor then holding shift + pressing right arrow repeatedly, and slowly selecting all that way seemed to work more consistently.

4) Delete button (delete to the right of cursor), did not work, it worked like the Backspace button instead.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

* Were you able to recreate every time using the same steps, or was it inconsistent in it's behavior?
    * Did it happen in all text fields, or just certain ones?

Thanks,
    JPG

I've been doing some testing today to try to get back to you with some solid steps to recreate the bugs that I was encountering.
    So far I've not had any of the problems come up again, and editing seems to be working normally again.

When I started noticed these errors before posting, it was after spending and hour or more importing new NPC entries using the NPC maker extension to populate the various fields of the NPCs.
    They were happening in the NPC Traits section at least (where I was struggling with these), of NPC entries in Savage Worlds.

So it might have been an outlier sort of issue after prolonged usage, when large amounts of data was being imported over that period.
    Something must have gone wrong somewhere along the way that messed up all the text handling.

I'll report back if this happens again and I'm able to give steps for recreating it consistently.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; July 3rd, 2020 at 20:47.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Thread Information