DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Deleted Images from campaign image folder :< -- suggestions?

The good news is I have weekly backups. The bad news is my older back up has all the images I want (including some maps with links / pins, masks, etc. on them) and the most recent back up has all of my updated campaign notes which I added to today, but virtually none of the images, as I inadvertently deleted them. (I thought I was only selecting a certain handful of images, but ended up selecting most :< .)

Any suggestions on merging the two backups, or otherwise figuring out a way to get my maps/images back with links & pins, masks, etc.? I have copied the images from the old back up to the current campaign folder, and the maps are back but not the pins, masks, etc.

To recap - the current campaign folder has everything the way I want it, except missing the deleted images with links, pins and masks. The most recent backup folder has all the images with links, pins, and masks, but older campaign notes which I updated this morning. Thanks!

Good Day BrettM
    Could you load your backup, export the images to a module, then open it in your current campaign and copy them back?

I didn’t think of that as I’ve never exported my own data as a module. I’ll give it a go - thanks!

Blog Entries
    You can open the two db.xml files up and (make more backups first) and copy everything from <image> to </image> from one to the other.

Thanks damned. I’ll give that a go as well!

@Bonkon & @damned - thanks again for your help! Other events didn't allow me to get to this until now, and I went damned's suggestion. (Thankfully my past Cobol and JCL programming knowledge helped .) The only thing I seemed to lose is masking on the images, but thankfully few that I can redo quickly.)

I took enough time to review Bonkon's suggestion as well, and will keep it in mind for the future. Thanks to both!

Thread Information