STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

Unable to Resolve Connection: IPv4 & VPN doesn't work, IPv6 (no VPN) works

New issue this week (for one of the games I'm a player in). Worked fine last time we played about 3 weeks ago. Normally the GM has a VPN they use which gives him a IPv4 address. This week trying to use that players could not connect. (Logs below). When the GM turned off the VPN players were able to connect and could see that a IPv6 address was being used. I believe the intent of a cloud game is that it should work with a VPN (which I believe it used to).

GM, Windows 10, FGU 2020-06-25
    Players, Windows 10, FGU 2020-06-25

Game shows in the lobby (Cloud - Public, password). No updates to setting since last time it worked (late May), only update to latest build for all.

GM logs and player logs attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Just curious. Which/Whos VPN was he trying to use?

... and could this be related to an IPv6 implementation that is randomizing addresses? Like in thread #520368, by Sarteck. Ludi was having an issue with this on a MAC, and turning off that Privacy feature fixed their IPv6 problem.
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; June 28th, 2020 at 17:14.

Blog Entries
    I dont know his VPN provider. But yes, it could be related to the other IPv6 issue, though in this case, IPv6 worked and IPv4 didn't.

Want Moon Wizard to be aware, so he and the network provider can get as much info as valuable.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I know that the network library provider has noted at one point that VPNs can interfere with the cloud process, depending on the VPN and what it is doing. If it's interfering, the user may need to turn off the VPN during the session.

I'm reaching out to the network library developer if he can provide more information on what the VPN situation is; and if he knows which products will affect the connection process.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Thanks Moon Wizard. As I said, we have a work around, but since it was repeatable, it's something I wanted you to know. If you want VPN details, let me know and I will get them from the GM.

Thread Information