STAR TREK 2d20
Page 22 of 23 First ... 1220212223 Last

no flag that im aware of. it would have to be brought to attention and then fixed in the ruleset itself. and somehow made to recongize whether its a temporary effect or permanent one

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    It would have to be brought to attention and then fixed in the ruleset itself.
    Yeah, I'm not fixing that broad ruleset decision/oversight in this specific extension.
    I did make this extension to help with it: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...manent-Bonuses
    But even that is a half-measure since it doesn't have the smarts to handle stacking of permanent/temp bonuses.

Sure, but my original question was why a -1 penalty to CON caused a loss of HP with an odd stat to begin with?

Yeah, that's probably an issue with my implementation. I'll look at why/fixing that soon!

OK I think that should be fixed now.

Hello,

I recently have come across an issue while using this extension. In my current campaign, I am using the Advanced Bestiary by Green Ronin. It comes with a bunch of templates to use on monsters and a NPC generator to apply said templates. It also contains fully statted out "example" monsters created using the various templates in the book. Recently, I attempted to use one such example NPC in my game. When I tried to put the monster in the combat tracker, fantasy grounds threw an error message - "[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..FRPG-Live-Hitpoints:..vehitpoints_npc.lua"]:67: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value." A message also appeared in chat saying that the hit dice of the creature had been calculated incorrectly. The creature would be placed in the combat tracker but many of its important combat stats would not "work" properly. For example, a creature with 21 AC would still get hit by rolling a 7, or a creature with DR 5 magic would take full damage from an attack that only dealt 3 slashing damage (i.e one that should be completely blocked by the DR). Looking over the creature stats, there were no problems that were immediately obvious. Just to be sure, I manually calculated the HD of the creature and input the median HP value but the problem persisted. I thought it might be an issue with the template itself so I tried putting several other of the example monster entries into the combat tracker. I encountered the same errors. Oddly enough, using the generator and various templates to create my own monsters worked with no issues when moving to the combat tracker.

Just to be sure, I re-tested this again in another campaign with no other extensions except for Live Hitpoints and the Advanced Bestiary Template extension. The same problem occured. Removing the Live Hitpoints extension makes the problem go away.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Maybe I need to be careful on my end (the extension doesn't do well with "custom" HP totals or something)?

Edit: Spelling and punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by Navigat0r View Post
    Hello,

I recently have come across an issue while using this extension. In my current campaign, I am using the Advanced Bestiary by Green Ronin. It comes with a bunch of templates to use on monsters and a NPC generator to apply said templates. It also contains fully statted out "example" monsters created using the various templates in the book. Recently, I attempted to use one such example NPC in my game. When I tried to put the monster in the combat tracker, fantasy grounds threw an error message - "[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..FRPG-Live-Hitpoints:..vehitpoints_npc.lua"]:67: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value." A message also appeared in chat saying that the hit dice of the creature had been calculated incorrectly. The creature would be placed in the combat tracker but many of its important combat stats would not "work" properly. For example, a creature with 21 AC would still get hit by rolling a 7, or a creature with DR 5 magic would take full damage from an attack that only dealt 3 slashing damage (i.e one that should be completely blocked by the DR). Looking over the creature stats, there were no problems that were immediately obvious. Just to be sure, I manually calculated the HD of the creature and input the median HP value but the problem persisted. I thought it might be an issue with the template itself so I tried putting several other of the example monster entries into the combat tracker. I encountered the same errors. Oddly enough, using the generator and various templates to create my own monsters worked with no issues when moving to the combat tracker.

Just to be sure, I re-tested this again in another campaign with no other extensions except for Live Hitpoints and the Advanced Bestiary Template extension. The same problem occured. Removing the Live Hitpoints extension makes the problem go away.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Maybe I need to be careful on my end (the extension doesn't do well with "custom" HP totals or something)?

Edit: Spelling and punctuation
    The problem you're running into is that the hit dice field does not follow a standard Paizo statblock format.
    Can you post a picture of the NPC sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    The problem you're running into is that the hit dice field does not follow a standard Paizo statblock format.
    Can you post a picture of the NPC sheet?
    Here is the statblock within fantasy grounds. I compared the advanced bestiary statblocks with ones from other modules. The advanced bestiary NPCs have brackets enclosing the hit dice value. I think that is what is causing the problem as taking the brackets away seems to resolve the issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Navigat0r View Post
    Here is the statblock within fantasy grounds. I compared the advanced bestiary statblocks with ones from other modules. The advanced bestiary NPCs have brackets enclosing the hit dice value. I think that is what is causing the problem as taking the brackets away seems to resolve the issue.
    Indeed, that is the issue. You should report that issue in the Bug Reports thread as that also means that the "max hp/random hp/default hp" toggle in the ruleset itself probably isn't working (since it is also using that field) and that means the best fix is correcting the module.

From what I can tell, the various hp toggles seem to be working fine even with brackets enclosing the values (at least in a campaign with no other extensions).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Navigat0r; July 16th, 2023 at 19:28. Reason: attached picture

Thread Information