DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 38 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    Does this extension work with AD&D ruleset?
    You do not need it for the AD&D ruleset, it's built in.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    Does this extension work with AD&D ruleset?
    Not sure which is AD&D but I only use it in 5E. As the included Page 1 .txt file shows though it will also work in 2E/3.5E/4E/5E/CoreRPG/PFRPG/PFRPG2/SFRPG rulesets.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    You do not need it for the AD&D ruleset, it's built in.
    It equips custom effects based on name matches and supports CURSED keywords preventing it from being unequipped? Huh. I admit I know nothing about that ruleset but that does surprise me! In any case, I only use this in 5E so have no real idea of what the other rulesets do.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    It equips custom effects based on name matches and supports CURSED keywords preventing it from being unequipped? Huh. I admit I know nothing about that ruleset but that does surprise me! In any case, I only use this in 5E so have no real idea of what the other rulesets do.
    The system in the AD&D 2e ruleset (and the Advanced Effects extension for 5e) allows the DM to set any effect on any item that is applied when equipped on pc/npcs in the CT. It also allows you to specifically trigger that effect for a weapon (such that you can have a weapon with +damage to undead/etc but not the other weapons or abilities as would normally happen for a effect). The same system works for pc/npc allowing you to pre-configure effects on them they are applied when placed into the CT. It also has a simple UI for configuring effects.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The system in the AD&D 2e ruleset (and the Advanced Effects extension for 5e) allows the DM to set any effect on any item that is applied when equipped on pc/npcs in the CT. It also allows you to specifically trigger that effect for a weapon (such that you can have a weapon with +damage to undead/etc but not the other weapons or abilities as would normally happen for a effect). The same system works for pc/npc allowing you to pre-configure effects on them they are applied when placed into the CT. It also has a simple UI for configuring effects.
    For sure I agree its not needed then. But also, for sure that is not the same thing. This requires nothing but the name and the effect in custom effects nothing else. Plus it all resolves around the equip/unequip in inventories - nothing else. With the CURSED fun too Nothing gets me laughing like seeing a player ask why they can't unequip thing they just attuned to (with the horrible effect on their PC)

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    For sure I agree its not needed then. But also, for sure that is not the same thing. This requires nothing but the name and the effect in custom effects nothing else. Plus it all resolves around the equip/unequip in inventories - nothing else. With the CURSED fun too Nothing gets me laughing like seeing a player ask why they can't unequip thing they just attuned to (with the horrible effect on their PC)
    I mentioned what I did because I would be very surprised if it worked with the 2e ruleset as I've made extensive changes to the effect system within CoreRPG and the redundancies.
    ---

I mentioned what I did because I would be very surprised if it worked with the 2e ruleset as I've made extensive changes to the effect system within CoreRPG and the redundancies.
    All it does is when Equipped is triggered in inventory it will catch it. Read the custom effects - if the first part of it matches the item being equipped - it will apply the effect. If it unequips an item it will check the CT effects for a match and remove it. That and special locking behavior on a custom effect with the keyword CURSED.

Absolutely NOTHING to do with the effect - or its logic - at all. So regardless of what you've done to the effect system - why this would care? I have no idea. I superficially tested it in each ruleset I claim it works in and it worked. No other tests or idea what those rulesets do and I state plainly it was designed and built to be used by me - and I only use 5E.

Still no worries - I don't think anything you've done would effect this (no pun intended).

I can barely wait for TEST to drop. I've just made a new version of Equipped effects but it's under TEST so I'll have to wait to deliver it after TEST drops. Still I'll give a hint:

This new feature is guarded to only come into play in 5E (as spell is not thing in other rulesets).

But if you use 5E like me...

Not all items can be defined by a custom effect. In fact, I got really annoyed that I had to create a power for my ring of animal influence and ring of the ram that I was putting into a campaign. Not to mention a healing potion. Now standard procedure is to make the power and copy it in the Spell area so that it can be reused in the campaign later. But I was annoyed. It was making me have to do stuff as a DM and that impinged on my feelings of entitlement to be lazy.

So...

I made import/export buttons for saving custom spells (in DB under spell) to an XML file. This way I never had to remake one of these suckers ever again. The down side is they always will be put into unassigned in import - that's just the way DB.import works - but I can live with that. So now my powers are able to be dragged into any future campaign just by picking the .xml I stored them in. Lazy point 1 solved.

I still did not like the effort involved in tracking these things. So as this already adds matching inventory items that equip/unequip for custom effects adding into CT - I decided that I wanted these spell/powers to be automatically added and removed from my PCs (cant' do it in NPCs unfortunately). So I added it in right after it does the matching custom effect. Potion of healing - item dropped in inventory - equipped - matching custom spell/power found in DB - POOF power is under Equipped Items power category in actions tab of my PC! Unequipped and its GONE! I don't have to do anything - pay attention to anything - lazy point 2 solved.

That's it. It doesn't sound like much does it? But oh... it helps me hugely. And if I have a special item that needs both a custom effect and a spell/power to define it completely? HA! DONE!

Now if you create your spell/power under something other than that Equipped Items category - the DB remembers and will create that blank name in addition to putting it under new Equipped Items category. Just delete the original spell/power and save the new one from that category and old blank one will no longer be created. It's a DB thing.

It also has an option to turn this new feature off in options in case you have some kind of crazy custom spell/power names that match item names or something. Of course, its defaulted to ON though

If TEST drops on Feb 16 then that is when this new version will appear. Just FYI

Hey SilentRuin, that's sounds like a very exciting update , look forward to when you bring it out for us!!!

Hello,

I've installed the extension, and works as expected, but here is the thing, how do I remove the effects being vissible on the chat box for the players to see?? in other words, how do i set the effect to be vcisible ony to the DM?

Thnks!

Thread Information