DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 38 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    I’m not sure but if you haven’t bought the consumable ext then look into kit and kaboodle for a free similar ext that plays very well with EE.

Quote Originally Posted by krush11 View Post
    (First off, apologies if this has been asked before.. but I quickly scanned the 20 something pages of posts, but didn't see this asked specifically..)

Does anyone know if this extension (along with the Automated Effects) has any conflict with Mad Nomad's Consumable Items extension? I don't want to go and blow my money on these paid extensions just to find out they are not compatible or have problems working together. I really like the idea of the consumable items extension being able to track and automatically remove items/effects as they are used, and I can't determine whether this one or Aridhro's extensions does the same thing or not (like removing a potion from inventory when it's used up).

Thanks!
    I only use my extensions myself so really don't know. However, if no one reading your post answers you here - you can go into the Grim Press discord (link in page 1) and ask in the fantasy-grounds chat channel (https://discord.gg/mpsqsTNv)

For sure I recommend you do NOT buy any paid for extension (including mine) without thoroughly investigating it and also any free extensions that might be out there first.

As someone mentioned Kit'N'Kaboodle is a free extension that does related things so I'd for sure check into that also as it does charges and stuff like that (I think - as I don't use that either but have consulted with author of it in the past).

Gist is EXTENSIONS = RISK and asking questions like you are is the right way to go about it. Lots of people who do use lots of extensions are on that Grim Press discord and answer stuff like that all the time. I'll post a link to your question there also.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 13th, 2021 at 19:51.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hey, Equipped effect and Automated Effects work along nicely with Consumable effects

Though I haven't tested this recently, mind you, I will update my post when I have!

Only Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Effects Display, has a bit of interference with Equipped Effect as in it won't automatically apply the effect of equipped items for you, it will add the effect for this item to your action tab, if the spell for it is available, though you would still have to click it yourself.
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; August 13th, 2021 at 20:21.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I will be looking at these closer for compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey, Equipped effect and Automated Effects work along nicely with consumable effects

Though I haven't tested this recently, mind you, I will update my post when I have!

Only Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Effects Display, has a bit of interference with Equipped Effect as in it won't automatically apply the effect of equipped items for you, it will add the effect for this item to your action tab, if the spell for it is available, though you would still have to click it yourself.
    MNM Character Sheet Effects Display does work with EE. Not sure what settings you have but check it.

@Krush11 Kit and Kit'N'Kaboodle works fine with EE and AE., as does Mad Nomad's Consumable Items extension.

Ok I checked my settings I've got them all turned on for both Equipped Effects and MNM Character Sheet Effects Display.

Though the effect of for example, ring of protection, aren't added automatically when equipped by my PC. And have to still be clicked from the actions tab.
    Is this part working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Ok I checked my settings I've got them all turned on for both Equipped Effects and MNM Character Sheet Effects Display.

Though the effect of for example, ring of protection, aren't added automatically when equipped by my PC. And have to still be clicked from the actions tab.
    Is this part working for you?
    I will talk to you in discord, its faster.

I've got Equipped effects and automated effects installed. All the effects modules are loaded. In options I have everything I need on I think.
    Test characters are on the combat tracker.
    I drag a belt of Cloud Giant Strength over to the character, ID it and equip it.
    I see the effect is added into the actions tab under equipped items section but it hasn't added the effect to the combat tracker.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Quote Originally Posted by graphil View Post
    I've got Equipped effects and automated effects installed. All the effects modules are loaded. In options I have everything I need on I think.
    Test characters are on the combat tracker.
    I drag a belt of Cloud Giant Strength over to the character, ID it and equip it.
    I see the effect is added into the actions tab under equipped items section but it hasn't added the effect to the combat tracker.
    What am I doing wrong?
    If the named feat/trait/item has matching power (spell) and/or custom effect it will be added into action tab. If not it won't. Powers sometimes have their own effects. For sure if the coder of data knows what they are doing (and Aridhro does) they will not code anything with a custom effect that is not 24/7 active. Any other type of effect will only be applied by the power. And of course any ambiguous effects will not be in custom effects because the user has to do something about them specifically in relation to the power effect (as in edit it or something). I'm NOT a DATA person - but if memory serves - which it often does not hence this thread recording everything (and I think it records what I'm about to say somewhere also) - certain effects (specifically for belts and other things that deal with abilities) do not work in FGU automatically. You have to figure out what it will be based on (likely notes if its aridhro's stuff or something in his story description for the product or in his FG forum thread) and edit the effect for that specific PC action tab power so it applies to that and can be modified later to apply to any changes down the line. But really you'll have to look up that stuff yourself or ask in Grim Press discord - somebody with a better memory than mine will remember. I remember stuff I use in my recent sessions and nobody in my game has these type of "manual edit required" effects.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I see Belt of Cloud Giant Strength in spells under the 5E Automatic Effects Items so shouldn't that be sufficient for it to be added? The action tab gets populated fine, it is the combat tracker not working for me. I also tried with the Ioun Stone (Protection) as demonstrated from the video but that didn't work either.
    Most likely me doing something wrong but can't figure it out.
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Thread Information