STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 38 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Aridhro has delivered his latest set of data conforming to the name matching I support in equipped effects. The latest addition in here was to pave the road for his latest Monster Manual supplement data in 5E Automated Effects which he has just delivered. A note on the NPC stuff (his monster manual data provides these PC power actions for them and chat boxes to do it manually without my stuff - you'll have to read up on it)...

Just remember your CT will not auto update - you will have to drag the chat data into it - or use equipped effects - and FGU only EVER changes that CT action list when the NPC is initially added into the CT. So existing campaigns with an active combat tracker would have to have the NPCs removed and readded into the CT. The reason I do not allow this to automatically happen is because it is pandora's box when someone has NPCs they have locally defined in CT (you don't want to change those automagically - which is probably why FGU only updates on the add into the CT)
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V 1.32 - Conflict - the conflict I resolved in V1.27 was only resolved by making the other extension work - mine still did not translate NPC powers at all. I have hopefully, and finally, resolved this conflict so that I actually work also.

Note - if you use "Translate NPC Powers" with Advanced Spell Damage extension not all of the upcasting will be parsed as the data is no longer the same for things as it used to be. They now include all of the power actions defined - if they are defined. That is a limitation in using these extensions together. You can just turn off "Translate NPC Powers" if you want the original data and the original parsing of that data in Advanced Spell Damage to fully play out. Same for Spell Tokens. See Aridhro's workaround below.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 5th, 2021 at 11:24.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Note - if you use "Translate NPC Powers" with Advanced Spell Damage extension not all of the upcasting will be parsed as the data is no longer the same for things as it used to be. They now include all of the power actions defined - if they are defined. That is a limitation in using these extensions together. You can just turn off "Translate NPC Powers" if you want the original data and the original parsing of that data in Advanced Spell Damage to fully play out. Same for Spell Tokens, though that can be worked around if you do something elaborate like first turn off "Translate NPC Powers" and take the resulting NPC you add into the CT and copy it back into NPC list. Then remove from CT - and take that copy and put it back in. Or so I'm told.
    I can confirm the following workaround works for both 'Advanced Spell Damage' and 'Spell Tokens'

Workaround 1 (CT to CT)
    Set "Translate NPC Powers" option to OFF
    Add NPC to CT
    Set "Translate NPC Powers" option to ON
    Drag NPC from combat tracker to combat tracker

Workaround 2 (CT to DB to CT)
    Set "Translate NPC Powers" option to OFF
    Add NPC to CT
    Drag NPC from CT to NPC list (putting it in your campaign db)
    Set "Translate NPC Powers" option to ON
    Add your newly made NPC to CT

(second workaround lets you prep all your casters in advance)

Result:
    NPC with spell tokens, upcasting ability and most importantly: The 5eAE DATA
    Last edited by Aridhro; June 5th, 2021 at 11:13.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

I wanted to say thanks!
    This helps so much!
    Rock On!

V 1.33 - Feature - added option "Item Subtype Search (requires restart)" defaulted to on. This will add a subtype search to the Item list. Largely because I've always been annoyed I could not search for ammunition and had to dig through tons of entries to find them. Plus its useful for other stuff. If another extension your using modifies the item list you can just turn this option off and restart the app.

I grew annoyed at never being able to search for subtypes in my world. So as I was modifying notes and spells already in here I added in items. Optionally of course in case it is not wanted by others or something someone else uses already does it. Pretty much for me.

Any search improvement is a good improvement. Still waiting for a means to search for all "Fae" up to level X.

When loading this extension into a PFRPG campaign, no other extensions at all, NPC records have the "Spells" tab replaced by a copy of the "Other" Tab.

From the readme in the original post:
    Equipped Effects Extension (.ext file) [Fantasy Grounds Unity (2E/3.5E/4E/5E/CoreRPG/PFRPG/PFRPG2/SFRPG rulesets)]

Ruleset definitions from the extension itself:
    <ruleset>
    <name>2E</name>
    </ruleset>
    <ruleset>
    <name>3.5E</name>
    </ruleset>
    <ruleset>
    <name>4E</name>
    </ruleset>
    <ruleset>
    <name>5E</name>
    </ruleset>
    <ruleset>
    <name>CoreRPG</name>
    </ruleset>
    <ruleset>
    <name>PFRPG</name>
    </ruleset>
    <ruleset>
    <name>PFRPG2</name>
    </ruleset>
    <ruleset>
    <name>SFRPG</name>
    </ruleset>

So no, it's not just a 5E extension, and if it is then SilentRuin needs to take all those other rulesets out and I'd be pretty disappointed I spent money on something that said it would work for PFRPG and then just didn't.

Thread Information