FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 38 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    V 1.21 - Bug - had to redo the NPC order tab logic to prevent some conflicts with other extensions.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    V 1.20 - Feature - new option "Display first link" defaulted to "off" will allow the first link of any power stats windows (spells), npc other tab window, or item windows to have its text expanded and displayed first. This will only work if the link data can be found. For example, if the link is to the PHB and the PHB is not loaded then this will do nothing for that power. Limits link search to classes of reference_spell, power, reference_weapon, reference_magicitem, reference_armor, reference_equipment, item, itemtemplate, reference_feat, reference_classfeature, reference_backgroundfeature, reference_racialtrait or reference_subracialtrait.
    Thanks for this. I would have gotten used to clicking twice to get to the spell description but this makes the experience far more seamless. Great work.

V 1.22 - Bug - Duplicate entries added into NPC main page when items were equipped that had template data. Fixed.

This also required a fix to Map Parcels to not modify AC stat in NPC main page when new option is "on" - as equipped effects will add an NPC AC stat bonus with an effect in combat tracker if you use data like Aridhro's which I do.

If you see this warning ignore it. I basically merged into everything that would potentially display description text with a link in it - and reference_npc window was one of those that would need the other tab modifications I made to do this for Other data in NPC's. But now it appears its not even used in FGU. If that turns out to be the case (I'm asking) I'll remove it in next version. For now, just ignore it - its harmless.

[WARNING] windowclass: Window class (reference_npc) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [EquippedEffects] [ref/ref_npc.xml]

DMsG has been updated - but no version change was made. Purely up to you if you take this update as it will have no real impact on you.

Removed code that was generating a false warning - no version update for this.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    DMsG has been updated - but no version change was made. Purely up to you if you take this update as it will have no real impact on you.

Removed code that was generating a false warning - no version update for this.
    Less warnings that confuse the nosy customer are always a good thing .

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Not sure if you are aware but equipped effects seems to change the description on some magic items to a spell that they can produce. The example attached is Spider Staff Spider Staff .png Spider Staff 2.png
    The only extension I had active in the second example was equipped effects and I had none in the first.
    Last edited by Leprekorn; May 18th, 2021 at 14:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Not sure if you are aware but equipped effects seems to change the description on some magic items to a spell that they can produce. The example attached is Spider Staff Spider Staff .png Spider Staff 2.png
    The only extension I had active in the second example was equipped effects and I had none in the first.
    I am totally aware this is possible. Per when I implemented V1.20, I described it in detail. As I described there, there is no magic bullet to translate firsts links in the text/description data. The default to do that is OFF for that reason. You have to actually turn it ON to get it to do that and as described there, you would turn if OFF if you don't want it to do this. Catch 22 - you turn it ON to allow the new WOTC data support rules to translate a temporary display of the first link for your convenience, or you deal with the data as it is (leave this option turned OFF). There is no way to determine if a "first link" makes sense to be translated or not - in Aridhro's data that is how it is created as a support module is not allowed to directly reference another modules (WOTC) data without a link (insuring that module has to be loaded and owned).

I don't know what "spider staff" is but I personally don't have it so Assume it is homebrew or some other data source I don't use. For sure I have "spider scroll" which works fine as the first link is a link to the WOTC module data as it should be if you are using this option. The option allows you the ease of seeing data that conforms to this type of first link rule - but by no means can cover every data's use of links outside of data that does conform to those rules.

Spider Staff is a magic item from LMoP. Thanks for the clarification on why its happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Spider Staff is a magic item from LMoP. Thanks for the clarification on why its happening.
    LMoP? I know Aridhro is working through all the data modules so you might want to get with him if he is going to hit whatever this is. In my world, I use PHB, DMG, and MM data modules and Aridhro's supplemental data for PHB and DMG. So all the stuff conforms to the first link rule. If I did not use his supplemental data then the normal PHB and DMG data would be showing the same bogus first text translation that you are seeing (first link would not be relevant to expand and temporarily display in your sheet as first text), and would leave the option OFF if that were the case. If I'm mixing data? Then probably leave it off to be safe, or turn it off and on as you need to or just live with extra first text section that does not really make sense to be there - the next section of text following will be the normal data.

Thread Information