FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 19 of 38 First ... 9171819202129 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Based on you last line do you see a performance impact with this on?
    As I don't plan to use it - would I care? In my tiny test - with all of Aridhro's data to find 4 versions of "Torch" one of which was his - I saw no noticeable hit. But of course, I added that line as a WARNING to those who do plan to use it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V 1.35 - Bug - feature/trait/feat could grab a spell instead of a power which caused issues if you had a spell and one of these named the same. Now check that DB level value is 0 for any matching spell to a feature/trait/feat which is what a power should be in this world. Nothing else (items/NPC CT action list) name matching is effected - only feature/trait/list name matching - which now has additional check to make sure level data is undefined or 0. Fixed.

Basically, you should see no impact and have to do nothing with this version change. Essentially it should have never been finding spells only powers for feature/trait/feat name searches for spells and we make that determination by checking the level value as 0. It only effects people with spell name and feature/trait/feat name conflicts where the same name was used but have completely different functions (different spell/power defintions). This would be resolved by leaving the spell name definition alone (had a level) and making sure the spell/power defined for the feature/trait/feat has level 0 defined in it. Cantrip name conflicts your screwed I can only do so much. Also, If you had for some reason used a spell/power with a non 0 level defined as a match for a feature/trait/feat (you should not have) then simply edit the level attribute to 0 and it will find it again. This will not effect spell name matching for equip/unequip items (original feature of this extension) but only the feature/trait/feat spell (power) name matching.

V 1.36 - Bug - Weapon powers are usually created with PCs in mind. And PCs have a separate section in action page for weapon attack/damage. NPCs do not. They have the highlight-able text (usually not very reliable for complex save/effects) and the action list in the CT. If you define a power for an NPC it would always replace the text translation. This would lose the attack/damage info of a weapon (as the power - designed for a PC - would never include that data). This was fixed by adding in the first parsed text up to a powersave or effect for things that had "weapon attack" in description. Result being, NPCs would now have the action list with the attack/damage data for the weapon followed by whatever power was added in, where previously it would be missing (only present in NPC sheet text). Hard to describe this bug, but that is the best I can think to explain it.

You can still always turn off the NPC translation of powers in options if you want.

Hi, is there anything planned to visually show the effects on the datasheet? Like if you have +2 AC that you can see the correct value like "16 base + 2 from a magic item equals 18"? Right now you can only see the base value, and if you get hit you see the magical effects summed up, but in case you need the AC value you cannot see it directly. Same goes for stats and such.

Anyways, the extension is really cool. Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by masterqgj View Post
    Hi, is there anything planned to visually show the effects on the datasheet? Like if you have +2 AC that you can see the correct value like "16 base + 2 from a magic item equals 18"? Right now you can only see the base value, and if you get hit you see the magical effects summed up, but in case you need the AC value you cannot see it directly. Same goes for stats and such.

Anyways, the extension is really cool. Thanks for that!
    FGU is designed to work with a sheet hardcoding the data that you manually operate on yourself. Effects in FGU are for applying things that are changeable and applied to the rolls on the fly and sometimes only effect them in certain circumstances. FGU will never modify the sheet based on an effect or power definition. Neither will this extension. If you have a feature/feat/trait/item for an NPC or PC that is applied that is going to do a name search and if it finds a match apply and effect and/or power definition to the NPC/PC. In no way will this make effects/powers behave differently than in the stock FGU scenario.

Now armor can modify the AC as you point out but that has nothing to do with this extension. If you have a magic item equipped - that had a modifier - that is only good as long as that item is equipped. And if FGU underlying logic went in and hashed that out and modified your AC - all well and good. But it does not. Nor will this extension as how effects/powers work has not changed - all that has changed is that this will apply name matching effects/powers - it won't change how those get applied or work in FGU.

Short answer, if FGU modifies the sheet based on an effect/power then this will also - its the same operation happening. If it does not, then as this changes none of those applied effect/power operations - neither will it.

Hello SilentRuin,

thanks for the explanation. I'm a bit sad, that FGU does not work differntly, but i guess it is as it is .

Hello,

i just found a strange behaviour and am not sure if that is right, or what i'm doing wrong. If i add an effect like "Armor; AC: 1" for 1 round and equip the item "Armor" the status effect is lost when you're making a long rest. Do i have to increase the duration? Isn't the extension intended to work around such "issues" or what am i doing wrong?

[Edit] Oh, i saw in the video the duration has to be "0" in this case - is that right?
    Last edited by masterqgj; July 3rd, 2021 at 21:57.

Quote Originally Posted by masterqgj View Post
    Hello,

i just found a strange behaviour and am not sure if that is right, or what i'm doing wrong. If i add an effect like "Armor; AC: 1" for 1 round and equip the item "Armor" the status effect is lost when you're making a long rest. Do i have to increase the duration? Isn't the extension intended to work around such "issues" or what am i doing wrong?

[Edit] Oh, i saw in the video the duration has to be "0" in this case - is that right?
    Again, NOTHING to do with this extension. Effects and powers work as they always do in FGU. This extension has no control over how they work. But yes - in FGU - effects of duration 0 are considered permanent.

Thx again and my bad i didn't know that 0 was the standard FGU behaviour. Sorry.

Thread Information