FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 37 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Curuthanir View Post
    I appreciate you looking at it. So more details about my setup, I'm using Fantasy Grounds Unity, with no other extensions loaded. Running SFRPG ruleset with the official core rules book and modules loaded. I am using a copy of an existing campaign, so that if I mess something up my players will not be affected in our weekly game.

I've added a suit of armor, that has a resist effect. (I made sure to copy the exact name from the item to the effect.) When I equip the armor, the effect appears on CT. When I unequip the armor, the effect remains in CT. No error message in console log. I've attached a screen shot. (Maybe you'll see something that I'm doing wrong.)

I'll try creating a new test campaign, and using the extension in that.
    Let me try and copy from your picture to create that thing. But you have a lot of detail going on in there so maybe that has caused some issue in the code as I never run this ruleset. Plus, did you mention you had some sort of module you loaded? I for sure have nothing like that - just the raw rules.

I'll give it a shot keying in that yoshi thing and trying to duplicate it. Short of that I may have to try to setup the same kind of character or things you have though as I said I only use 5E myself.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I appreciate you looking at it. So more details about my setup, I'm using Fantasy Grounds Unity, with no other extensions loaded. Running SFRPG ruleset with the official core rules book and modules loaded. I am using a copy of an existing campaign, so that if I mess something up my players will not be affected in our weekly game.

I've added a suit of armor, that has a resist effect. (I made sure to copy the exact name from the item to the effect.) When I equip the armor, the effect appears on CT. When I unequip the armor, the effect remains in CT. No error message in console log. I've attached a screen shot. (Maybe you'll see something that I'm doing wrong.)

Well that was easy. Duplicated. In fact, taking out that huge name you have with all the braces in it [] made it work.

I tried this for the effect:

Yoshi refractor suit; [Backup generator]; [Thermal capacitor, mk1]; RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 cold
    And for the item:

Ysoki refractor suit

Notes: [Backup generator][Thermal capacitor, mk1]

Properties: RESIST: 5 fire; RESIST: 5 cold

I have no idea if that is legal in your game but it will work for now. I'll take a look and see why it does not like the long name with braces for the removing of the effect - as it seems to be no problem when creating it.

Well damn. Its pure CoreRPG code rejecting it.

It does this to match the sLabel of the effect - which in our case contains the "[]" characters:

DB.getValue(nodeEffect, "label", ""):match(sEffPatternToRemove)

I believe pattern matching treats the "[]" as special grouping characters or something so its not going to work in CoreRPG if you try to remove an effect with any of those special pattern matching characters in it when its simply matching text to text - it wants a pattern to match (usually text is all that is required). That's a guess.

I'm not actually sure what to do here. This is CoreRPG behavior for naming conventions.

Is that Yoshi things name part of the actual starfinder data set?

I would literally have to parse in any string I pass into the CoreRPG code to find every possible special character and guard it with a % or something I think - not really positive on how that works.

I suppose if this is part of the actual data I can try it out - let me know if this was some name you made up or if its their naming convention on this item.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 23rd, 2020 at 20:18.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Well damn. Its pure CoreRPG code rejecting it.

It does this to match the sLabel of the effect - which in our case contains the "[]" characters:

DB.getValue(nodeEffect, "label", ""):match(sEffPatternToRemove)

I believe pattern matching treats the "[]" as special grouping characters or something so its not going to work in CoreRPG if you try to remove an effect with any of those special pattern matching characters in it. That's a guess.

I'm not actually sure what to do here. This is CoreRPG behavior for naming conventions.

Is that Yoshi things name part of the actual starfinder data set?

I would literally have to parse in any string I pass into the CoreRPG code to find every possible special character and guard it with a % or something I think - not really positive on how that works.

I suppose if this is part of the actual data I can try it out - let me know if this was some name you made up or if its their naming convention on this item.

So the brackets are being added when an item is forged in the item creator with templates, in this case, a ysoki suit with 2 armor upgrades. I think Starfinder uses the templated items more then 5e does, which could explain why this behavior hasn't been seen before. I've got a workaround (that my players would probably like, anyway.) What I'll do for now is just leave the armor upgrades as separate inventory items that are stored in the armor, and attach the effects to the individual armor upgrades. It should work, as my players like to swap out upgrades on a regular basis.

Thank you so much for figuring it out, though! There's really so few extensions to use with Starfinder, I was excited to see that yours would work with it.

So the brackets are being added when an item is forged in the item creator with templates, in this case, a ysoki suit with 2 armor upgrades. I think Starfinder uses the templated items more then 5e does, which could explain why this behavior hasn't been seen before. I've got a workaround (that my players would probably like, anyway.) What I'll do for now is just leave the armor upgrades as separate inventory items that are stored in the armor, and attach the effects to the individual armor upgrades. It should work, as my players like to swap out upgrades on a regular basis.

Thank you so much for figuring it out, though! There's really so few extensions to use with Starfinder, I was excited to see that yours would work with it.
    Screw it - I'm just fixing it myself.

I'll call my own code to delete the effect - just tested it. Give me a few minutes to get a new version number get it updated in DMsG and it will be ready - say half an hour because I have to update all the version texts in here and there. Will be less likely but will post back here for you to test.

Its ready - reload from DMsG and see if it works. Let me know.

I tested it by also changing the Mk 1 to Mk 2 in the text to make sure it respected it all.

In case anyone needs to see the way I'm doing that remove of the effect here is the new code:

Code:
    -- Had to replace the CoreRPG version as it was doing pattern matches when I'm just after exact matching of text. 
    function removeEffect(nodeCTEntry, sEffLabel)
    	if not sEffLabel then
    		return;
    	end
    	for _,nodeEffect in pairs(DB.getChildren(nodeCTEntry, "effects")) do
    		local sLabel = DB.getValue(nodeEffect, "label", "");
    		local aEffectComps = EffectManager.parseEffect(sLabel);
    		if aEffectComps[1] == sEffLabel then
    			nodeEffect.delete();
    			return;
    		end
    	end
    end
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 23rd, 2020 at 20:58.

Its ready - reload from DMsG and see if it works. Let me know.

I tested it by also changing the Mk 1 to Mk 2 in the text to make sure it respected it all.

In case anyone needs to see the way I'm doing that remove of the effect here is the new code:

Works perfectly! Thank you!

I have partnered with Grim Press to handle sales and promo of this extension. I'm just to lazy to bother

New grim press video updated on DMsG - old one is still available here.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; November 16th, 2020 at 21:19.

There is a bug in equipped effects where if the item is actually in a container (2nd text field in inventory) you can actually equip and unequip the item by equipping or unequipping the container (like backpack or something). This makes no sense to me how I can store something in a bag and have it equipped when you equip the container you have it on - but apparently it was always there.

If you do this you can get a double effect placed on the item and also the "cursed" option is ignored and the player can unequip it by unequipping it in the bag.

I'm going to try and figure out what the heck this is doing and come up with a solution. For me I want nothing in a container actually equipped just because container is equipped - this sounds crazy to me. But when I have a solution I'll update it here.

There is a bug in equipped effects where if the item is actually in a container (2nd text field in inventory) you can actually equip and unequip the item by equipping or unequipping the container (like backpack or something). This makes no sense to me how I can store something in a bag and have it equipped when you equip the container you have it on - but apparently it was always there.

If you do this you can get a double effect placed on the item and also the "cursed" option is ignored and the player can unequip it by unequipping it in the bag.

I'm going to try and figure out what the heck this is doing and come up with a solution. For me I want nothing in a container actually equipped just because container is equipped - this sounds crazy to me. But when I have a solution I'll update it here.
    Fixed as best I can.

V 1.3 - Fixed inventory items in a location allowing cursed items to be unequipped by player. Also prevented duplicate effects being placed. If you toggle a whole location to be equipped and a cursed item is present in that location it won't let a player do it.

Thread Information