DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... Last

Equipped Effects Extension (.ext file) [Fantasy Grounds Unity]

Now in Forge.

Equipped Effects Extension (Fantasy Grounds Unity)

This stand-alone extension for Fantasy Grounds allows your players to gain item-based effects simply by equipping them, which automatically adds the effects to the character in the combat tracker.

This extension unlocks the following functions:

• Give characters magic items and allow them to equip them to receive effects that you’ve set up previously —saving time during the session!
    • Item effects are automatically removed when the item is unequipped.
    • Make some effects on the combat tracker invisible from your players! The effects are still there, but your players can't see them —cursed items are now possible in FG!
    • Items tagged with “CURSED” can not be unequipped by the player

Aridhro's 5E Automated Effects is also supported by this extension.

Additional perk included in this extension:

• Import & Export custom effect XML files, so you can take your created effects with you to your next campaign.

Updates:
    [See .txt file for early updates and features]

V 1.44 - FGU changes - updated extension to work with new FGU changes. Will now respect ID and attunement for NPC inventories (will not all equip if not ID'ed and attuned).

V 1.45 - Bug - was not doing case insensitive search for keyword "Required Attunement" in rarity text. If someone put this in a sheet in lower case it would not recognize it required attunement. Fixed.

V 1.46- Feature - added support for PC power/effect name matching to first check for a <match name>_RACE_<race name> or <match name>_CLASS_<class name> match before defaulting to a <match name> check. This allows for resolving <match name>s that are the same but have different meanings depending on where they are defined (in race data or class data). Got to love WOTC non unique naming. This was done largely to support some conflicts in the new MotM player module.

V 1.47 - Bug - was not removing _RACE_ or _CLASS_ actions when ability that generated them was removed. Fixed.

V 1.48 - FGU Change - FGU changed how they parse NPC powername which this code also does, so updated to do it the same way.

V 1.49 - Feature - A new option "Display NPC Powers" defaulted to "off" will allow an NPC sheet and the NPC CT actions line link to display additional matched power's data as formatted text. This means that if the "Translate NPC Powers" options is "on" (power name matching is in play which builds the NPC CT action lines) and the "Display NPC Powers" is set to "All Powers" then the NPC sheet and the NPC CT action line links will show the formatted text of the matched power under the normal FGU displayed data (might have minor duplication at times), if set to "Spells Only" then NPC sheet will only have the spells translated but CT action line links will still have all translated (better timing), and if set to "CT only" then NPC sheet will display no matched NPC power data but the CT will still display everything (best timing short of turning option off). If the "Display First Link" is "on" then it will also expand the first link's description per normal behavior of that option in other places. If "Display NPC powers" or "Translate NPC Powers" is "off" then just normal FGU displays will be shown in NPC sheet and CT action line links.

V 1.50 - Bug - "Display First Link" option can cause duplicated text which is avoidable when using "Translate NPC Powers" options. Fixed.

V 1.51 - Bug - The NPC CT action line link was displaying both the original basic string data and the formatted version of it - will now determine (if it can) if those are similar enough to only display the formatted text version.

V 1.52 - FGU changes - Latest FGU update required changes.

V 1.53 - FGU changes - Latest FGU update required changes. Removed old code that no longer is required.

V 1.54 - Update - Will now support doing name lookup/matching of custom effects for NPC bonusactions,legendaryactions, and lairactions data. Previously only did NPC traits and actions data.

V 1.55 - Update - New option "Disable FGU adding actions" defaulted to "off". If "on" this option will prevent FGU from interpreting actions into the action tab of PCs based on module data. This can cause duplicates when something like AE5E supplemental data is used which has all the actions already defined and EE automatically updates them already.

V 1.56 - Bug - Removed some unnecessary setTab call in npc sheet processing.

V 1.57 - Update - changed all default options to what I want as I got tired of updating them all. Users can turn them off now if they don't want them.

V 1.58 - Update - implemented node and childList changes to code that SW wanted.

V 1.59 - Update - rewrote EE to keep a global list of name indexed spell nodes trimmed by module priority rules around so its not constantly being regenerated. Any modification to local spells or unload/load of modules will clear this global list and force its regeneration next time it is used. This should speed things up as it was constantly regenerating this list all the time. Only EE uses it. Replaced an unused flag with "Equip/Unequip Inventory" defaulted to on - which can be used to turn off equip inventory named matching.

V 1.60 - Bug - Was not adding the spell import/export button, notes import/export button, or the item Type(sub) search in a generic manner which could cause conflicts. Fixed.

V 1.61 - Update - vehicle class type was only supported in inventory (equip/unequip) but now it will be supported like an NPC class type in CT changes also.

V1.62 - Update - supported vehicle class as much as possible in the same manner as npc class.

V 1.63 - Fix - the conflict name of "shield" was not parsing with the template name so applied things like "Shield, +1" etc. with a power which it should have been skipping. Fixed.

V 1.64 - Fix - making sure rAction has changestate as part of data to be used by other functions. For BCEG purposes.

V 1.65 - Update - support for extra lvl data for bratch9 extension.

V 1.66 - Update - added ability to import/export options in/out of XML files. Renamed all export/import button options so they are grouped together in options - all require restart of FGU to be displayed. Spells and notes (buttons been in this extension for ages) are indexed data and should be used with extreme caution when importing to an existing local DB - exporting is harmless. The new options will use the local DB <options> data to directly put into XML file and load from XML file into options and if using an old XML copy beware of options having changed (you will be dumping old version back in). These are for my own use - use at own risk if you choose to enable these buttons.

V 1.67 - FGU update - made fixes due to FGU update.

Known Caveats:
    If you delete an equipped item with an effect before you unequip it - the effect will remain in combat tracker. Unequip any item with effects before you remove it from the inventory.
    Effects added by name matching of a custom effect are not done with a Source included as they are assumed to be passive and will not properly function with a (C) Concentration effect. Those should always be defined in power actions for the name matching.

Grim Press overview video from DMsG.

My long boring silent test video.
    https://youtu.be/4epKAV-i-B4

Grim Press will be handling the sales and promotion of this extension.
    If you'd like to engage with us, please feel free to join the Grim Press discord: https://discord.gg/N7MM93a

Extensions = RISK: This note is added to all the extensions I maintain. I want users to understand that extensions are code that is added to or overrides portions of code in the Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) application. When the underlying code in FGU changes it can break an extension. When you run with other extensions they can conflict by trying to overwrite the same parts of the FGU code. I will keep my extensions working with FGU changes, and the extensions I use (listed in my FGU signature) as I have direct control over those things. I cannot make the same promise with other extensions. If I am notified of an incompatibility I will attempt to resolve it - but if I cannot I will list what the known extension incompatibilities are. Understand before you get any extensions that it comes with RISK. Not just my extensions - any extension. These extensions are also maintained by me for me. I provide them outside of my own games purely to those who wish to take advantages of things I use for myself.

Included is original text used for describing this extension - provided for reference if needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 19th, 2024 at 01:04.

That looks awesome. Highly interested. But....will it work with MoreCore?

Quote Originally Posted by RocksFall View Post
    That looks awesome. Highly interested. But....will it work with MoreCore?
    No earthly idea. I'm new to FGU and just programming things as I find I need them - what you see loaded in video is what I have and only what I've run with. Basically my signature.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hey bought your new extension , been trying it out again, works perfect, no conflicts whatsoever, I will be testing it some more during the week.
    Will let you know, if I find anything!

Thanks again love what this adds to our games!

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey bought your new extension , been trying it out again, works perfect, no conflicts whatsoever, I will be testing it some more during the week.
    Will let you know, if I find anything!

Thanks again love what this adds to our games!
    Happy to be of service

mmm cant seem to get it to work with PFRPG2.

I watched the video but cant see how you attached the custom effect to an item?
    I assumed they both have to have the same name?

When I equip the item the effect fails to appear on the CT
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    mmm cant seem to get it to work with PFRPG2.

I watched the video but cant see how you attached the custom effect to an item?
    I assumed they both have to have the same name?

When I equip the item the effect fails to appear on the CT
    All the code is tied to CoreRPG or has guards against if data is not there. I superficially tested it in each of the rulesets listed. Just did this in my empty create campaign of PFRPG2 with some 5E effects I imported in from an XML file using this extension. I then went into a dummy char I created (basically empty except for name and inventory) and created an Item that had the same name as one of my effects. I then cycled through the carried states and watch the combat tracker set the effect and remove the effect. The name is a 100% character match on the first component in the label. For example,

Item created:
    Ring of SilentRuin

Effect I imported into custom effects (or you could simply create it)

Ring of SilentRuin; AC:-10; CURSED

The effect worked fine. As I'm not a player - and was host - the CURSED did not really prevent me from unequipping it.

Now if you are the host - you should see it in the CT - if the first component matches 100% the name (that's everything before the first semicolon). Is that what you did? Granted I have no idea what effects this ruleset accepts but it really does not matter, you should see it in the CT.

Mmm yeah I cut n paste the name from the item to the effect. I got it in a test campagin with no other extensions loaded. Il keep playing with it
    I assume I dont have to export and import the effect first that activates the code
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Mmm yeah I cut n paste the name from the item to the effect. I got it in a test campagin with no other extensions loaded. Il keep playing with it
    I assume I dont have to export and import the effect first that activates the code
    No just the exact text match should be all that is required.

Hi, though your extension is working fine it does seem to hamper performance of the combat tracker a bit, making it a little laggy. Could you maybe investigate if you're also seeing this issue in FGU, with your extension?

Thread Information