Starfinder Playlist

Changing item costs

Say I wanted to change the prices of all the items in a ruleset. Would I make a module with all the items re-priced and would I need an extension to override the ruleset's prices or would the module just overwrite them?

Thanks!

There aren't prices in a ruleset but rather in any modules useable in the ruleset. So, if you copied all of the items; edited the prices and then exported them into your own module and used that rather than the original source you would achieve what you want.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the reply! I see that the module has more than just item prices in it though. It includes things like races, feats, skills, etc. So is there a way to override/write just a part of a module? I thought perhaps there would be a way to use an extension to tell FG to use my prices rather than existing ones.

Thanks!

The prices of items aren't in the ruleset so I'm not sure that you can write an extension to do something that isn't in the ruleset. You would need, as I said originally to copy all of the items in FG that you want to change the prices for (Drag and drop them back into the items list) and then close the original module. Then edit each item with your prices and then export those items into a module.

If you then open your module in a new campaign you'll see the prices you set. If you also open the original module then you'll have duplicates of everything (the same thing would happen if you open several modules with the same items in them).

One solution would be to only share your module with the players and then they'll only see your version with your prices. However then they won't see the other stuff that they might want like races, feats etc. Another would be to rename all the items when you edit the prices so that your items stand out from any other modules with the same item.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you also open the original module then you'll have duplicates of everything (the same thing would happen if you open several modules with the same items in them).
    Yes, this is the behavior I'd like to get rid of, just looks so sloppy :-(

-Thanks for the information though!

You might want to look at a just released module on DMSGuild. This allows you to setup shops, set prices, markups, and looks to be a pretty good addition to add depth to your players shopping trips!
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/318...hor_of_product

Kind of you to try and help! Sadly, I have spent the last several days hand copying each item/creature into my own Player's HB and Bestiary. Super annoying how long it takes FGU to copy things. Almost a minute sometimes....seems ridiculous, yet we all keep trying, like fools!

Thread Information