STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    It is in fact happening to me as well Beerbelly. If I or a player attempts to use the arcane devices tab errors pop up for every input into the tab that's made

Hi Chillhelm - with the latest patch I am getting this error when creating Arcane Devices.

bug.png

EDIT: I think its not on creation it's when the Arcane Device window opens that the bug appears.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; February 25th, 2023 at 10:43.

The error has been fixed.

Let me know if anything else pops up. I hope I'll get around to fixing it quicker.
    Check out my Extensions for Savage Worlds:
    Arcane Devices:Forge and github
    Mass Battles: Forge and github
    Fast Tests: Forge and github
    Reload Consumption: Forge
    Chase&Combat Compilation: Forge

Thank you chillhelm!

Getting a couple odd errors, tried running just this extension and nothig else and it's still happeneing. Looks great, and it worked when I rand a big extension list but I'm not sure what caused it to spontaiously work.

First, the activation roll. It seems to be appearing as an apply effect button instead of a dice roll.

Second, whenever I add a second power to a device it throws the following error.
    [3/28/2023 6:49:19 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ArcaneDevices:..vices/scripts/ad_powers.lua"]:25: attempt to call field 'sortCompareEntriesWithSubentries' (a nil value)

No idea if these things are connected but I hope that helps a bit, looks really cool!
    Last edited by CassMerry; March 28th, 2023 at 06:53. Reason: thinking the issue went but it hadn't!

Quote Originally Posted by CassMerry View Post
    Getting a couple odd errors, tried running just this extension and nothig else and it's still happeneing. Looks great, and it worked when I rand a big extension list but I'm not sure what caused it to spontaiously work.

First, the activation roll. It seems to be appearing as an apply effect button instead of a dice roll.

Second, whenever I add a second power to a device it throws the following error.
    [3/28/2023 6:49:19 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ArcaneDevices:..vices/scripts/ad_powers.lua"]:25: attempt to call field 'sortCompareEntriesWithSubentries' (a nil value)

No idea if these things are connected but I hope that helps a bit, looks really cool!
    This is going to be part of the default system sòon,. Then you won't need the extension.

In general, you should not edit a post when an error appears to go away, because someone else searching the forum migjt be looking for a similar problem and the pre-edited one may help them.

Happy gaming!
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; March 28th, 2023 at 07:13. Reason: Spelling/typing mistakes ��

Ah, thanks! so just disable it and wait for it to be added to the main ruleset then? regarding the edit, the original edit was because I thought I had just not seen it and I edited it to add that note for anyone look, then it turned out that wasn;t the issue so I edited ti again to unedit the original edit and add the new info

Quote Originally Posted by CassMerry View Post
    Ah, thanks! so just disable it and wait for it to be added to the main ruleset then? regarding the edit, the original edit was because I thought I had just not seen it and I edited it to add that note for anyone look, then it turned out that wasn;t the issue so I edited ti again to unedit the original edit and add the new info
    Cool beans, feel free to ignore my advice on forums posts

Savage Worlds 5.6.0 will have Arcane Devices added as default, it will be in Test build soon (Ikael just posted about it on the FG Discord Server).

Thread Information