STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thank you!

Except now, when I add a new item (not an AD), it turns the item into an AD. When you click the green plus, the dialog is the item dialog. You can fill it out as usual, but when you close it, it turns into an AD. (It indicates AD on the items list. So that works.) When you open it, it's the AD dialog.

It's like having a magical factory that enchants everything. The players will be happy about that.

I can copy an existing item and it stays an item. This bug doesn't affect weapons or armor. Adding a new AD works fine too. Only normal items are affected. Existing items are not transformed.

My wife got me a coffee mug that says:
    99 little bugs in the code
    99 little bugs
    take one down
    patch it around
    128 little bugs in the code

That was not a bug, but a feature, to trick my users into actually making magic devices of course!

It's fixed now. Set your Goblins to finding the next 128 bugs!
    Check out my Extensions for Savage Worlds:
    Arcane Devices:Forge and github
    Mass Battles: Forge and github
    Fast Tests: Forge and github
    Reload Consumption: Forge
    Chase&Combat Compilation: Forge

Quote Originally Posted by chillhelm View Post
    That was not a bug, but a feature, to trick my users into actually making magic devices of course!

It's fixed now. Set your Goblins to finding the next 128 bugs!
    That was a clever trick. I give you a benny for that.

The goblins found a bug. I managed to get it from them before they ate it.

The export works (thank you!), but it's exporting with the wrong node name.

The exported client.xml has the items under the <mundaneitems> node. The items show up in the target campaign, but are listed under normal items, so don't display all the AD stuff.
    The node should be <arcanedevices>. When I change the node name, the devices show up just fine in the game with the exported module.

Everything else is working well!

I can't seem to reproduce this problem. I can export the items fine and reimport them as well.

Could be an issue with ADs created in an older version maybe?

Can you send me the module and the campaign that you exported it from?
    Check out my Extensions for Savage Worlds:
    Arcane Devices:Forge and github
    Mass Battles: Forge and github
    Fast Tests: Forge and github
    Reload Consumption: Forge
    Chase&Combat Compilation: Forge

chillhelm, I sent a message with the files. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Is there any way to add other effects to Arcane Devices - like, say [>Focus +1] to build an item with both 'bonuses' and powers in the same place? I know I could make two items one an Arcane Device and one a Sword, or Cloak, or whatever and have them be the 'same thing' setting the weight of one of them to 0, but it would be cool if it could be just 'one thing'.

Heck, if it could have edges dragged into it as well, and them be active when it's equipped that would be totally epic.

But I have NO idea about coding and stuff so don't know just how tricky that would be.
    Last edited by tavishill; January 22nd, 2021 at 19:45. Reason: Adding stuff.

You can add effects to the notes tab. I usually put those at the end, after any flavor text and power or edge links.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    You can add effects to the notes tab. I usually put those at the end, after any flavor text and power or edge links.
    Ah cool - I hadn't realised they would have an effect effect, if that makes sense. That's much awesomeness.

How do you get Activation Roll "populated"?

arcaned.png

Strange. Normally there's a default d4 there from the start. It's showing up for me whether I add it to the items list or character inventory. I tried the same theme you're using and it appears.
    Does it appear if you drag and drop a power into the Power section?
    Maybe it's invisible, like the power button used to be when adding a new power to the character sheet.
    Did you tell chillhelm he's pretty? That might make it work.

Thread Information