DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    I love this extension, but I must be doing something wrong. If I edit the device and increase the PP, it doesn't change the equipped PP. I have removed the item from inventory, added it back and still has the old PP listed.
    I can remove the device entirely, and recreate it and it will show the correct PP. If that is how it is supposed to be, my apologies for the report.

It is a great extension.
    Oh, just an FYI, in the screen shot, the banner title is not showing up on the Arcane Device page.
    Wand.jpg
    Last edited by GaryMon; July 3rd, 2020 at 03:26.
    FGU Ultimate License. Just getting my feet wet, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryMon View Post
    I love this extension, but I must be doing something wrong. If I edit the device and increase the PP, it doesn't change the equipped PP. I have removed the item from inventory, added it back and still has the old PP listed.
    I can remove the device entirely, and recreate it and it will show the correct PP. If that is how it is supposed to be, my apologies for the report.
    Not necessarily something you did wrong, but I think what've got here is a quirk of FG. When you give a PC an item from the Item list, the character actually gets an independent copy of that item. Meaning any changes you make to the item on the item list, will not affect the item in the inventory of any characters. You can try this out by creating an editable copy of a built in item (e.g. the axe) and giving that to a charakter. When you open the weapon info from the item list now, you can change it and the changes won't be reflected in the characters inventory. I think the same is happening here.
    Long story short: Once you've put an item into a characters inventory you need to click the red-square-linky-thingy in the inventory to edit it further. When you do that the max PP should update correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryMon View Post
    Oh, just an FYI, in the screen shot, the banner title is not showing up on the Arcane Device page.
    Good catch. I'll push a new version later today that fixes that.

I've uploaded a new version that allows ADs to use multiple powers.
    I consider this extension feature complete now and will restrict myself to bugfixes and potential feature requests only for the future.

Best,
    Chillhelm

PS: The new version breaks backwards compatibility, so you will have to recreate your Arcane Devices if you decide to switch to the new version.

Thank you for this extension! I use it in my games.

How do I add new arcane devices to the item list? I'm able to add them to character inventory, but cannot add them to the items list. I have a windows entitled "Arcane Devices", which is empty, but I have no right click option to create arcane device like I have on the character sheet. When I'm adding new items to the game, I click the edit list button, I have the normal 3 buttons to add weapons, armor, and items, but no button to add AD.

I'm using FGU 4.0.6, and SWADE 5.2.10.

I'll provide whatever additional info you need, including screenshots.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Thank you for this extension! I use it in my games.
    I'm glad you're enjoying it!
    How do I add new arcane devices to the item list? I'm able to add them to character inventory, but cannot add them to the items list. I have a windows entitled "Arcane Devices", which is empty, but I have no right click option to create arcane device like I have on the character sheet. When I'm adding new items to the game, I click the edit list button, I have the normal 3 buttons to add weapons, armor, and items, but no button to add AD.

I'm using FGU 4.0.6, and SWADE 5.2.10.
    Well, that's weird. But you are right, I can't create Arcane Devices in the list anymore either (neither in FGC or in FGU) but the old devices that I created are still there (and can be copied to make new ones, too). Maybe they changed something on the back end. I'll have to look into it. Good catch!
    As a work around, you could create a new character, give him all the Arcane Devices you want to create and pass them from his inventory to the player characters. This seems to still work without issue.
    Check out my Extensions for Savage Worlds:
    Arcane Devices:Forge and github
    Mass Battles: Forge and github
    Fast Tests: Forge and github
    Reload Consumption: Forge
    Chase&Combat Compilation: Forge

I create the item directly on the character that has it, and that works just fine. So I'm good for game. Thanks for the workaround. That will hold us users over.

I blame goblins. It's totally not me breaking your extensions.

Thanks!

I create the item directly on the character that has it, and that works just fine. So I'm good for game. Thanks for the workaround. That will hold us users over.

I blame goblins. It's totally not me breaking your extensions.

Thanks!
    I've uploaded a new version that features a little green button next to the "Add Weapon", "Add Armor" etc. buttons. It creates a new AD that will show up in the item list as intended.

And don't blame goblins! I'm glad that finally someone (that isn't me) is using my extensions and finds bugs in them!

Quote Originally Posted by chillhelm View Post
    I've uploaded a new version that features a little green button next to the "Add Weapon", "Add Armor" etc. buttons. It creates a new AD that will show up in the item list as intended.

And don't blame goblins! I'm glad that finally someone (that isn't me) is using my extensions and finds bugs in them!
    Thanks! It's working well. No bugs, and I'm happily adding setting-specific arcane devices.

I have one request, however.

In the main item list, arcane devices are listed as Item. Is it possible to change that to Device, or Arcane, or AD? Something to distinguish it from regular items?

Thanks again for this extension. I'm currently using it in my fantasy game, but it will get used in my upcoming sci-fi game as well for cyberware devices.

Hi again! It's your favorite QA user.

I don't know if this is a bug or something that must be coded to work.

I added a few arcane devices, then created a module. It checked Items in the export list. The module included all the other custom items I created, but did not include the arcane devices.

I tried dragging them manually to the export list. While weapons, armor, etc dragged happily, the AD items wouldn't go. It seems like they're not recognized. Custom effects do the same thing, so it's probably something in the code rudely ignoring dragged items.

Not a huge deal. I can add the items directly to the played game rather than the game I use to create my setting module.

This could be a case of goblins. They like stealing stuff.

Thanks!

Your wish is my command!

Just uploaded a new version that lists Arcane Devices as such in the Item list and makes them exportable in modules. Enjoy!

Thread Information