DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Rulesets?

Rulesets?

Anyone figured out how to get rulesets working?

I imported my campaign from FG1 and when trying to run it in FG2 it shows an "Error Loading Data" message box with a message of "Could not load ruleset root file base.xml." Trying to reload it does nothing.

Just wondering if there's somethign else I need to do on my end to get this working... Or is the format just completely different and can't run in FG2? I use the D20-SRD ruleset and char sheet originally created for FG1.

Yes, I had this same problem.

The issue is that there is no D20-SRD ruleset in your FGII install as it is not created yet.

I'm going to bring my campaign over to just the plain d20 ruleset for now till everything gets sorted.

You can bring over your characters by copying over the db.xml file from your campain folder in the FGII directory and into the new one that you create using the D20 ruleset.

rv

Do we still need the d20-SRD ruleset or is the d20 ruleset in FGII complete now?
    RPGA#: 89873135; Judge: Master; Home Region: Zeif

open/run the d20unpak.exe in FGII folder, it creates a d20 ruleset example under your Application Data/Fantasy Grounds II/ folder. Creates an new folder "Pexample" in my case, which has all of the d20 ruleset files. Its changed quite a bit now too.

The d20 ruleset with FGII is not the complete d20-SRD produced for FG 1.05 by Digital; a conversion to FGII is a major priority.

I have all my D&D books in hard copy and PDF. is there a cool easy way to get these books into a ruleset?
    I dont wish to share with players but referance without picking up a book is great - not to mention all the monster manuals I have... those would be the most important to be to get into FG.
    "Hello! My name is Inego Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!"
    "Will you stop saying that!"

Quote Originally Posted by kimba
    I have all my D&D books in hard copy and PDF. is there a cool easy way to get these books into a ruleset?
    I dont wish to share with players but referance without picking up a book is great - not to mention all the monster manuals I have... those would be the most important to be to get into FG.
    Easy - buy Digital's rulesets

More seriously, if you look at the layout of the rulesets in FGII, you just need to rip the text from your pdf's and then apply the right FGII tags. As long as you have the data in the right sort of tag and file structure - no problems. You will want to create different modules for each of your pdf books of course.

um - ok rip the text from the pdf....

where do I buy digital's rulesets.
    does digital have all the books?

I assume you're talking about WotC books, and the answer is no, and at this point nobody ever will. WotC is pulling all external licenses, so nobody can sell anything based off of their books anymore.

Digital DOES have rulesets and rights for several other cool D20 systems, though, like Iron Heroes and Arcana Unearthed. Worth a look, to be sure

I found "Complet SRD Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds " at https://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/
    is this what you guys were talking about updating?
    Do I need to wait to buy this? for 5.00 it sure seems worth it.

how complete are the books. I own MM1 2 & 3 and a couple other form other publishers. Am I going to be sad that I dont have access to most of my beloved monsters?

who has this and how good is it.
    thanks

Thread Information