DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Buying Digital Dice

Something else for gamers to collect.

Oh my...
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

If I was a developer of a VTT, I guarantee one the first things I'd develop is the ability to use dice skins. That would get you players all by itself since none of the big VTTs seem to have them atm. Most gamers love them some custom dice...

They could probably even charge $1/month to use dice skins or a $15 one-time fee for those that hate subscriptions like me (I'd gladly pay $15 for the ability to use custom dice skins).
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Foundry has this feature now. Mod for now, hopefully soon in the end Product
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

When I researched Foundry, 3D dice weren't even part of the 'base package'. It was a module. Did that change? Or is that module the one that allows skins?

Either way, that's very cool!

Yes, the Dice so Nice module allows for skinning the dice if you go into the module options.

If Foundry makes that base code, Foundry will grow even faster than I thought. I've already on record that I'm probably going to check it out for my next campaign.

I like the DND Beyond interface and the slow approach to functionality they're taking, but seeing them add in-app-purchases for virutal dice has damaged my opinion of them substantially. It was already in question because of the inability to get keys with the print books (which I kind of understand for platforms like FG, Roll20, etc, but is just ridiculous when it involves the OFFICAL platform of the game).

That being said, I've probably got a minority opinion on that one.

I wouldn't have the same response to the same from FG, as they have an open platform (so 3rd party free dice sets would also be available just how srd and offical modules are today).
    Last edited by bmos; June 27th, 2020 at 18:50.

Thread Information