My favorite ways to play is:
-To acquire, use, and optimize new spells/powers, abilities, and other resources to make me and the party successful.
-To think cleverly, strategically, or creatively to overcome obstacles or make obstacles easier to defeat.
-To have a character participate in a fun story and hopefully to be successful.
-Hey, I’m just here for friends and snacks. So, if I laugh hard and make others laugh, that is a good session.
If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player:
----------

Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them:

-I'm new to D&D for the most part, but I'm not new to the world of table top RPG's. I have never sat down to play a one shot or anything for that matter.
-I have read through many rule books and played lots of dungeon crawler style games. I always felt those games where lacking and that is why D&D and similar games have always peeked my interest.

Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between):
I want a DM that is in it for the group. I know and understand that the DM has to be the whole world around us and will challenge the party. It certainly sounds like you are the type of DM I would want to have at the table.
I would also like to see patience and understanding from the DM. Allowing me to learn and grow as a player.

If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character:
-my character should be present and the DM should control them should combat occur
-If it can make sense that my character is not around then I say leave me out for the session.
-I'll go with the flow on this one. I want the story and world to go on if I'm there or not.

Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions:
-I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals.
-I’m okay with failing an overall campaign mission thus far (e.g., prevent a gate from forming to an evil plane) as long as we get new related goals (e.g., fight what comes through the gate and then close the gate).
-I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals as long as we get new goals and those goals may be unrelated (e.g., survive the demon horde pouring through the gate; save/protect the McGuffin from the demon horde).
-I’m only okay with failing side missions that are tangentially or only loosely related to main goals. Beyond that, I like a GM to keep us moving closer to a successful completion of the over all goal.
-I’m okay with failing. Period. Even the whole campaign.
-Though I know the party won’t be perfect, I really need every mission to end with at least a modicum of success.
-I prefer the party to set its own goals and don’t want a given goal in the GM’s mind before we create characters or before we start a mission.

I like roleplaying where:
-Everyone focuses on the group goals
-There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different.
-I like individual goals to converge with group goals.

When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.)
-When it forwarded a plot overall or made a very dramatic enjoyable scene.
-When the GM thought we made serious mistakes and the dice dictating it.
-When I got an awesome death monologue.

-Death is inevitable, unless you become immortal i guess. Hehe!

By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to:
-have songs of great deeds written about them
-people to seek me out for advice or wisdom
-have an ale named after me in a tavern
-live a peaceful life in a remote wilderness home.

What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you:
-Halt a danger to a home town
-Fight a war of defense
-Be loyal to an organization (get orders, fulfill missions)
-Stop an evil organization/evil overlord
-Save the world/universe
-Stop the internal power grab within my organization/country
-Build up the power/wealth/status of my loyal patron
-See the world
-Explore different cultures
-Get the McGuffin
-Build a menagerie
-Avenge the wronged
-Protect the weak
-Build my power and the power of my friends

How do you feel about GM Improvisation:
-I like a DM to improvise so I can be free to decide what I want to do. I’m willing to accept some gaffes from the DM as sometimes happens when improvising.
-I like a well-planned, well balanced adventure and am willing to accept some railroading so the DM can meet that need.
-I like a well-balanced seamless but improvised adventure and get frustrated by GM mistakes

The next questions are asking about engagement and participation in a campaign.

In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply):
-I'm an open book here.

In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time):
-Writing character background
-Writing character journals
-Writing session notes
-Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters
-Helping others and the DM remember the rules
-Tracking NPC contacts
-Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe

As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players.

Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you:
Descriptions of graphic violence/gore
Violence against
innocents
women
children
animals
men
Torture
Dismemberment
Insults
Kidnapping
Threats
Other
-these things happen in the real world. I Might not like it, but it could be good fuel for role play.

Summery- I really would like to be a part of this. I do need to get familiar with fantasy grounds and I have the full license(not that I need it right now). I'm east coast and most any night works for me. I have a great mic and head set. My web cam needs the dust knocked off of it. I did some small time streaming on twitch a few years ago and I'm comfortable being on camera. Favorite class types are Rogue, Wizard, Druid, Paladin.

Well, that’s about it. It’s a lot, I know, but I want this game to be fun and long running and the most important thing to making that happen is finding the right players. I will acknowledge anyone who shows interest, and then arrange a video chat with everyone to make sure the fit is right. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.