STAR TREK 2d20

Importing Items?

Is is possible to import items created from one campaign (i.e. main starter campaign) to another campaign (i.e working campaigns)? If so, how do I go about it?

If you go to the Library, there is an Export button that will allow you to export things in the campaign to a module. You just need to fill in the fields and select what you want to export. Then after you restart FG, you will see it as a module that you can load.

Here is a link to how to use it: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...vating+Modules
    Last edited by Dakadin; June 23rd, 2020 at 19:41. Reason: Add link

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    If you go to the Library, there is an Export button that will allow you to export things in the campaign to a module. You just need to fill in the fields and select what you want to export. Then after you restart FG, you will see it as a module that you can load.

Here is a link to how to use it: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...vating+Modules
    Thank you Dakadin. I'll give it a go next time. Otherwise I'd just add the same items to every campaign manually as it would be faster than the process with which I was faced:

Moving the characters back and forth from one campaign to another to outfit them with supplies that I had forgotten to add to some ended up being a lot of hassle and extra work. When I brought them back from the main starter campaign to the working active campaign, they went through the same odd scrambling of items in the combat tab as I had previously experienced. One had a waterskin in the shield slot, there were flint and steel in weapon spots, a lantern in and another and several other non-weapon changes. That would have made for an interesting sight and fight lol! (flint and steel gives a heat crit of two levels below the original righ?) I went back in manually deleted (most had to go through the deletion process twice before they disappeared) the items and re added the correct ones and then adjusted the attack table tabs for each. Valuable lesson learned! Thanks again!

The items getting mixed up is something I am going to have to track down because it shouldn't be happening that way. I just need to be able to figure out how to duplicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    The items getting mixed up is something I am going to have to track down because it shouldn't be happening that way. I just need to be able to figure out how to duplicate it.
    It worked of course! I apologize for all the questions that have answers right there in front of me. I read through a lot of the tips and guides and watched dozens of youtube videos before starting up. Evidently I didn't absorb a lot of this info. (I think in part as I was so excited to see all of this and became overwhelmed).

Anyhow, the mixing of items seems to occur when importing characters from the first campaign I made up to other campaigns. As you pointed out it is not linked to the portraits and tokens as I initially believed. The tokens did not change this time (previously the portrait images in the token spot on the character sheet would change to another character's' token also) . The gear in the inventory remained the same. The changes occurred in the combat tab which carried over to the combat tracker. Deleting the old items in inventory and in the combat tracker takes two rounds of right clicking and checking delete for each item as the first round does not seem to do anything on the character sheets or combat tracker. Opening the items tab and adding the same item as replacement does work and fixes the issue. If there is any other info I can provide I'd be happy to help.

Thanks. That should help. I will try to replicate it.

Thread Information