STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 33 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jrowsey1 View Post
    I tested this extension with a barbarian with a rage effect that grants advantage on strength checks. The Grapple and Shove abilities did not grant advantage while the barbarian is raging.
    Excellent catch. Please let me know if the fix resolved your issue. ADVCHK:Athletics would have worked But was wrong so I fixed it.

DMsG has been updated.

V1.1 Fix - was not using stat text for ADVCHK:stat type of effects, which caused them to be ignored. Fixed.

Should know better than to look at my mail when I wake up in the middle of the night! I'll check on status when I wake up if you've checked it by then.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 25th, 2020 at 09:48.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I was able to test it and the updated extension is now correctly applying advantage on the Shove and Grapple actions while the Barbarian is raging. Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry to wake you in the middle of the night
    Last edited by jrowsey1; June 25th, 2020 at 15:11. Reason: updated with testing results

For simplicity, I think Dodge is already a special keyword. No need to spell out the advantages.
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Awesome! Purchased.
    Ultimate License
    "Let’s dance, you and I"
    William from A Knights Tale

Hi great extension bought it ! Do you have any new ideas an updates that you would like to implement for this extension?

Would be cool if you could add some other buttons for ability checks, like for Arcana or History Check, we use those a lot in my game?

Quote Originally Posted by jrowsey1 View Post
    I was able to test it and the updated extension is now correctly applying advantage on the Shove and Grapple actions while the Barbarian is raging. Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry to wake you in the middle of the night
    Found intelligence was missing in my fix so another update - testable by doing search where investigation stars are better than perception.

V1.2 Fix - missing intelligence stat text for ADVCHK:stat type of effects, which caused it to be ingored. Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    For simplicity, I think Dodge is already a special keyword. No need to spell out the advantages.
    Dodge is not really available in the 5e Effects window. You'd have to key it in yourself. My buttons are designed to do that for you. And I prefer the readability of seeing what it actually does. For sure I see the code in one place doing a check for the word "Dodge" and applying bADV = true and another doing the check and applying bDIS = true.

This will not hurt my logic at all. And it still puts it out there for you which only a raw keyin does right now. If you know the secret code. I did not. I suppose it was lucky I picked the same keyword exactly Either way - don't see the harm in keeping it readable.

This is from a purely Unity 5E perspective.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 25th, 2020 at 20:03.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi great extension bought it ! Do you have any new ideas an updates that you would like to implement for this extension?

Would be cool if you could add some other buttons for ability checks, like for Arcana or History Check, we use those a lot in my game?
    I do but I'm designing extensions for use in my campaign the way I like them first. I have two others on my list todo first - of which one I'm deep in the coding now. I switched gears for these fixes because "needs must" but not planning on doing other updates to this until I'm done with my "needs"

My guys use those checks too - but they are not really an either or for me and I have them do the checks straight out of the skills page for those (clicking the die roll indicator by the skill on the character sheet).

I'm also in the early days of my first campaign (4 sessions done - once a week), and as its my first time in FGU I may find other "needs" as we go along.

We played with your extension today and had to disable the attack and cast check. Is there a reason why grappled and restrained prevent attacking and casting? It shouldn't from RAW but we may have been misinterpreting them...
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    We played with your extension today and had to disable the attack and cast check. Is there a reason why grappled and restrained prevent attacking and casting? It shouldn't from RAW but we may have been misinterpreting them...
    I used all those disable features because I have no idea what other extensions they might interfere with. The only things all those features do in Options is let attack not allow firing when out of ammo, and to not let any form of attack in a state the character is paralyzed/stunned/unconscious/Incapacitated/Grappled/Petrified.

For sure grappled is interpreted by my group as the following:

1) You are not able to use any weapon till you break out of the grapple. Physically you can't.
    2) You are not able to cast any spell because all spells require concentration and usually hand movements and components to boot. You will not have concentration while someone is physically restraining you from using a weapon or your mind (concentration) in active grapple (wrestled to get into that position and maintain it). It's the nature of grappled that we assume they know the danger of letting you do anything dangerous to them.

If you play different then you can just turn off the options. I'm pretty strict on that stuff - and do not assume the person grappling you is not "disturbing your concentration".

But the choice is yours. Hence, you can turn it off if you don't want that dynamic. You can also turn it off for things the DM feels are exceptions and turn it back on immediately after. My campaigns absolutely do want it.

[Edited to remove comments about restrained as that is not one of my limits]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 1st, 2020 at 05:23.

Thread Information