STAR TREK 2d20
Page 22 of 33 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    V1.36 - Update - new option "Max temp HP additive heal syntax supported" defaulted to "off". When "on" this will then for any [HEAL] operation it will match the description that comes with it for "search {max: X}" where X is the max temp HP allowed and also trigger all [HEAL] rolls to be additive and never exceed this max tempHP value. If no target is provided it will assume it is the same as the source (SELF which is a keyword not supported anywhere except in effects). This will only come into play if the description with that heal roll contains the syntax this is looking for. Examples are in forum thread.

Likely only I will use this so you can safely ignore it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 2nd, 2023 at 00:40.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V1.37 - Update - new option "Fumble/Crit Tables used with appended CT type" defaulted to "off". Can be set to "both", "fumble", or "criticalhit" which will cause those tables to look for the default table with the type of the combat tracker node added onto the name. For example, if a CT type of "Vehicle" has a critical hit and the option is "both" or "criticalhit" then the table used will be "Critical Hit Vehicle". When no table is found it will always default to the FGU House Rules logic. This option will always try to find that table with type added first if set before it defaults to original FGU House Rules behavior.

FumbleCrit.jpg
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 2nd, 2023 at 20:22.

V1.39 - Bug - Range calculations would never work when a weapon name had parenthesis in it as it was not stripping them before comparison. Fixed.
    Update - Range limitations will now be checked for the 5ft disadvantage penalty, the range low/high disadvantage penalty (advantage for saving throws), and stop processing when distance to target is farther than the high range for both attacks and saving throws that have range defined. For both attacks and saving throws the name shown in the roll description will be pulled out and used to find match in the PC/NPC DB node inventorylist (properties value), the PC powers (range value), the NPC actions (desc value), and the NPC spells (desc value) in order to determine the range limitations to apply to the distance between the source and target. A new effect "NORANGE" is now also supported in case you don't want to turn off the runtime range limitation flag but want certain CT entries immune to range limitations. The name of the range limitation flag option has been changed to "Range Limits/Advantages/Disadvantages applied".

Some notes I should make about options that require each other in order to function:

• "Range Limits/Advantages/Disadvantages applied" option requires the "Indicator: Verify Attack (restart app)" option (for attacks) and the "Indicator: Verify Power Save (restart app)" option (for saving throws) to be "on".
    • "Determine Flanking Advantage on Melee Attack" option requires the "Indicator: Verify Attack (restart app)" option to be "on".
    • "Max temp HP additive heal syntax supported" option requires the "Indicator: Verify Heal (restart app)" option to be "on".

Most of the options here are purely for conflicts so they can be turned off (with restart of app so the registered functions that cause a conflict are no longer registered). If no conflicts, and you want the checks to prevent things from processing in certain states - then just leave them on.

I run with these options:

Attached Images Attached Images

V1.40 - Bug - Range name comparisons was not handling some names correctly. Fixed.

Names with a dash in it were not parsing correctly for name matching. Name cleanup now stops at first ")", "*", and " -".

Note on range limits - they will not apply to things that have range but only do heal or damage actions (no attack or saving throw rolls). I can only thing of two in my world - Bacta Pack (healing in SW5E) and Magic Missiles (damage in PHB). I'm sure there are others. But these you have to manage range limits on your own.

V1.41 - Bug - According to 5E rules only attacks (not power saves) check the 5ft rule, so no longer will check that for power saves. The PC powers will now check the descr for the range syntax first and if present override the range attribute definition. This way you can define a range low/high in the description for something no matter what it is.

Hi,
    I just enabled "range limits/advantages/disadvantages". It gives disadvantage for daggers at 35'
    "[Attack (R)] Dagger [14] -> [at Decrepit Skeleton 3] [MISS][BLOCKED BY ARMOR]"
    "Disadvantage range for weapon Dagger(20/60) at 35"

However, I have an Aarakocra adjacent to the thrower and no disadvantage is applied for a thrown dagger.
    [ATTACK (R)] Dagger [EFFECTS 1d12-6]
    [Attack (R)] Dagger [13] -> [at Aarakocra] [HIT]

I do not have crossbow expert on the thrower.
    Why should that be?

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi,
    I just enabled "range limits/advantages/disadvantages". It gives disadvantage for daggers at 35'
    "[Attack (R)] Dagger [14] -> [at Decrepit Skeleton 3] [MISS][BLOCKED BY ARMOR]"
    "Disadvantage range for weapon Dagger(20/60) at 35"

However, I have an Aarakocra adjacent to the thrower and no disadvantage is applied for a thrown dagger.
    [ATTACK (R)] Dagger [EFFECTS 1d12-6]
    [Attack (R)] Dagger [13] -> [at Aarakocra] [HIT]

I do not have crossbow expert on the thrower.
    Why should that be?
    Are you asking why the dagger you have defined in in "Decrepit Skeleton 3" main page has a range 20/60 in description (meaning 35 will be DIS) or why your "Aarokocra" ranged dagger does not have a range in its description data?

Having dropped a dagger in actions in an NPC and seeing the daggers range (with EE) being put in that description and even deleted range out of description and left dagger in its inventory and it still respected it - I'm going to go with my almost always correct answer...

Users be crazy.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 21st, 2023 at 22:32.

Thread Information