DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 33 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last
    Thanks for the update.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

V1.28 - Bug/Update - Fixed range within 5ft issues when dealing with > medium critters. Added new option "Determine Flanking Advantage on Melee Attack" defaulted to off. This will give a melee attack that is within their reach and advantage if there is a flanking token on the other side of the target token where it satisfies the following criteria: in same map as attacker, has same target as attacker, has same faction as attacker, token is currently visible in map, and it is within a mathematical cone. The center point of the cone will be the attacker token position, the end point for the cone vector will be our target token position, the radius of the cone will be distance between the attacker token position and the flanking token position, and two boundary vectors will be formed by point +/- 26.5 degrees. If the attacker has a flanking token fitting the criteria then the attack will be given advantage. Obviously, other things can cancel that out per normal FGU rules. Gist is - you can ingore the math and simply experiment with a medium, large, and gargantuan critters and experiment around to "see" where things have advantage and where they do not. Warning messages will be given if an attack is outside of its reach though it will proceed normally (without advantage - kind of like out of ammo chat warning). Info message will tell in chat which creature it used to determine flanking - it will only mention the first one it finds. If you don't like my flanking rules - simply leave them off. Its for me - by me - the way I want it.

I got annoyed at having to constantly do flanking manually in my large scale battles where many tokens had flanking position.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

A free word of advice on Generic Actions extension flanking option. This is verbatim what I've told my players. DO NOT tell me "Oh, sorry I was targeting someone else - let me retarget so you will get flanking advantage".... The proper DM response to this will be - "you were not even flailing at this guy to distract him from the other attack. If you were standing their drooling or fighting someone else don't think for a SECOND you will get to suddenly retarget when it is NOT YOUR TURN. Standing next to someone twiddling your thumbs or attacking someone else is NOT going to get you made into a flanker for someone."

Of course you can do what you want. If you want to be WRONG
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 12th, 2022 at 21:12.

V1.29 - Bug - Messages to chat were not all broadcasting properly. Fixed. A side note - I've also had to add a KLUDGE factor in my cone calculations due to some lua true/false weirdness going on. Also the FGU function used to insure the attacker and flanker are within reach of the target does not return what I would expect. Result is half square distances past what I consider the reach limits will still act as if they are within reach. Nothing I can do about it so I will just live with it (in practical terms this means that flanking can be applied when the attacker or flanker are a little bit father out from target than expected).

Reason for this Kludge

V1.30 - Update - made sure attack/damage checks even if on never trigger if the CT entry effects has "IGNORECHECKS" somewhere in it. Also support "UNFLANKABLE" in CT entry effects which prevents token from being flanked.

Had some issues with BCEG effects allowing something dead to trigger damage on what killed them so made sure the checks (you could just turn them off) did not perform when something had an effect of "IGNORECHECKS". Also as BCEG had the keyword "UNFLANKABLE" in its effects list I just looked for it in the target to make sure flanking did not work on it.

V1.31 - Update - check for flanking was changed from must be the same faction to must be different faction than target for flanking to take effect.

Lets me still get flanking when two things of differing factions are attacking a 3rd faction. Plus works all the normal ways it did.

V1.32 - Bug - The feat "Crossbow Expert" was not being respected as it should have been for 5ft ranged attacks ignoring disadvantage. Fixed.

Somehow I lost the original check - fixed now.

V1.33 - Bug - removed check for duplicate effects as the underlying code changed from only conditions to any effect.

V1.34 - Update - changed all default options to what I want as I got tired of updating them all. Users can turn them off now if they don't want them.

V1.35 - Update - implemented node and childList changes to code that SW wanted.

Thread Information