FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 20 of 33 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I understand, however, you did say it was a matter of ease just not only ease of coding, you said other things, which I stated why. I do think that ease of coding is a matter for you as I've seen you state this before. I think in the current one it's not a matter as it is easy. So are you saying that ease of coding is not a factor at all when considering adding something to an ext? Because I've seen this stated by you before and this seems to be a conflict of statements.

None the less, I do think you are unlikely to add this as you are happy with the current stats and see no need for it in your ext or games. So I get why you wouldn't want to code it easy or not. I just think some of your statements here are wrong, which is why I wanted to clear that up.
    LOL
    The only conflict is that I told you how it should be done but that it would be a pain to maintain the code, and you said you didn't need all that and just wanted a dumb effect text added. Which I then replied and said I don't want that pain of a extra spam effects (sometimes referred to notes) going into the CT entry.

So, we will have to agree to disagree - if it were to be done it would need to be done as I stated first, have an action selected and notes provided and translated into an effect (pain to code and maintain). Though you are happy with just a dumb effect saying ready. Either way spam I don't need in my effects.

Now I may not have stated it plainly as I was just reacting to each message in the context as I saw it - so you can blame me for any misinterpretation. You can parse the context of my replies as you see fit in order to try to "convince" me to do this but gist is... it's staying the way it is. For both the reasons I gave for either approach, yours, and mine.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    LOL

So, we will have to agree to disagree - if it were to be done it would need to be done as I stated first, have an action selected and notes provided and translated into an effect (pain to code and maintain). Though you are happy with just a dumb effect saying ready. Either way spam I don't need in my effects.
    I'm going to narrow this down a bit, because I think it's getting lost in the other parts of the msgs.

First let me state I don't expect this msg to change your mind on doing it or not. I just figured I would post here to maybe help you and others on what is going on.

In the quote above you are stating as if it were fact that something has to be done that way, when it does not. That is how you would choose to do it apparently, but the wording is important here. As I stated already, it COULD be (and I do already) do it differently.

Then with the other part of your quoted statement, I don't think we need to be attacking people calling things "dumb".

I would like to thank you for your effort and time on here for the work you do. I wont post anymore on this topic as I stated already, I'm not expecting you to change your mind.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Slick U.I/U.X. change. Thank you for taking the time to make this change.
    Last edited by spencerg; September 22nd, 2022 at 04:37.

V1.26 - Kludge - checking to insure disarm check on button works - if not (due to some incompatibility) it will simply skip it and move on (disarm won't work with no warning other than when button is pressed it won't work). This was to insure its not going to break everything else when this type of thing happens. Most users won't care about this at all.

I am using the "Size Matters" addon as well as increasing the size of one of my players in the combat tracker as a result of the "Enlarge" spell. He is attempting to grapple a "huge" creature but it fails because it registers the PC as a medium creature even with size "10" set as well as size "large" in the combat tracker vs a "huge" creature who is size "15".

grapple.png

Quote Originally Posted by Naxyr View Post
    I am using the "Size Matters" addon as well as increasing the size of one of my players in the combat tracker as a result of the "Enlarge" spell. He is attempting to grapple a "huge" creature but it fails because it registers the PC as a medium creature even with size "10" set as well as size "large" in the combat tracker vs a "huge" creature who is size "15".

grapple.png
    As long as this extension sets and respects the ActorCommonManager.getCreatureSizeFromSizeFieldCor e value that is extracted in basic FGU functionality - then this will work. If it does not then it will not - nor will other things that use the standard size function extraction in the FGU code.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 2nd, 2022 at 19:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxyr View Post

grapple.png
    Maybe this could be posted over on M&U's ext size matters and M&U can make sure it's doing what it needs for GA ext.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Yeah that was gonna be my next try. I just wish there was an easier way to just change character size since things exist to change them.

charsize.png

Found the issue. For 5e, since we never really used a lot of the character notes, I forgot it had an area for size. Once I put "Large" in there, everything works as intended.

V1.27 - Bug - Grappler was not setting Restrained effect when it was set for the target of the second grapple (see 5e rules for grappler). Fixed. New option "No effect applied for grapple (left manual for DM)" defaulted to off has been added as I had a case where someone was grappled already and I wanted to use the grapple roll (just rolls) to determine if I could wrestle something from their arms. My advice - don't ever set this except temporarily for doing a pure grapple roll check with no effects being applied.

Updated in DMsG - will be updated in Forge when Grim Press gets around to it.

Thread Information