Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 35 of 35 First ... 25333435
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! So the new AE will support AURAs? That's great news.
    It will support a separate list of NPCs and their custom effects that GAL can use (what essentially 5EAECorrections.mod had - why its no longer useful to use when that comes out). As GAL uses name matching those NPCs and custom effects will be the same names I used in 5EAECorrections.mod - though the NPC traits and custom effects have been updated to be more accurate. There may or may not be separate list of NPCs that 5EAE uses linked to its data for manual placement also.

    I'm sure they will explain all the extensions or whatever can be used with their data when they deliver it. That is usually embedded someplace in the mod (story? Can't remember).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    It will support a separate list of NPCs and their custom effects that GAL can use (what essentially 5EAECorrections.mod had - why its no longer useful to use when that comes out).
    That is exactly how I use your extensions already :-)
    I also move the tokens which players should have control over to them after they have been placed with GAL and AdvantagesPtr automatically on the map.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    That is exactly how I use your extensions already :-)
    I also move the tokens which players should have control over to them after they have been placed with GAL and AdvantagesPtr automatically on the map.
    One must be a certain kind of crazy to use my extensions.


    EXTRISK.png[/URL]
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    One must be a certain kind of crazy to use my extensions.
    THAT is for sure

  5. #345
    GenericActionsLayerImages.mod was updated in my dropbox to have restrained/prone assets copied and renamed to cover new AE5E PHB SAVEADD effect names (which were renamed from raw condition effect names of restrained and prone).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    GenericActionsLayerImages.mod was updated in my dropbox to have restrained/prone assets copied and renamed to cover new AE5E PHB SAVEADD effect names (which were renamed from raw condition effect names of restrained and prone).
    Awesome dude, you've done so much work on this, its great.

    I wish SW would get the API fixed on WEBM not sizing correctly the first time.
    Last edited by MrDDT; June 13th, 2024 at 19:34.

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Awesome dude, you've done so much work on this, its great.

    I wish SW would get the API fixed on WEBM not sizing correctly the first time.
    I agree wholeheartedly on both accounts. I am finally digging deep into the Generic Actions Layers, customizing and trying to link the things we use in our campaign. Im having a little trouble understanding the various aspects of how to name the animations.
    The first simple question is this, when there is a damage trigger can i make each spell produce,(TolltheDeadDamage.webm for instance) its own damage effect, or am i locked into the damage types like fire, cold, poison, etc.? Same question with DMGRun. Can i Have TolltheDeadDMGRun.webm? it seems like my answer is no, but healing seems to be able to find a named Heal effect and a HealRun for each individual spell or power.
    Second Question is in regards to Self, Cast and Save. I was thinking that if my player casts a spell or uses a power with a ranged attack or a saving throw that if i had an asset named TolltheDeadCast.webm and an asset named TolltheDeadSelf.webm when the spell is cast that the Cast asset would stretch between the caster and the target, while the Self asset would surround the caster. I am not seeing that behavior so i was trying to understand if i was wrong about how it should work.
    Hopefully i made these questions clear enough and will clarify if not.

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesdaadi View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly on both accounts. I am finally digging deep into the Generic Actions Layers, customizing and trying to link the things we use in our campaign. Im having a little trouble understanding the various aspects of how to name the animations.
    The first simple question is this, when there is a damage trigger can i make each spell produce,(TolltheDeadDamage.webm for instance) its own damage effect, or am i locked into the damage types like fire, cold, poison, etc.? Same question with DMGRun. Can i Have TolltheDeadDMGRun.webm? it seems like my answer is no, but healing seems to be able to find a named Heal effect and a HealRun for each individual spell or power.
    Second Question is in regards to Self, Cast and Save. I was thinking that if my player casts a spell or uses a power with a ranged attack or a saving throw that if i had an asset named TolltheDeadCast.webm and an asset named TolltheDeadSelf.webm when the spell is cast that the Cast asset would stretch between the caster and the target, while the Self asset would surround the caster. I am not seeing that behavior so i was trying to understand if i was wrong about how it should work.
    Hopefully i made these questions clear enough and will clarify if not.
    The .txt file on page one version info describes how GAL was created for naming and everything else - I'd have to review it to remember so for now I'll leave that for you. Also the .mod file I provide shows plenty of examples of a variety of things. Keep in mind this is a stupid non intelligent tool that basically just applies name matching based on what is currently being processed in terms of save/effect/attack/damage/etc. - which is shown in your chat when you turn on the Generic Actions debug option. The debug option is the only way I ever know what any one operation is trying to match as it shows all the created names its attempting to find. Its basically going to do the self token match, the run match between source and target, and the pointer shape match.

    Gist being - set the debug option - see what your operation is creating and trying to match in terms of names. Then determine which of them you think is applicable to be defined. Its stupid and simple with no intelligence. Something I added so my players could see cool moving graphics (very temporary in most cases - with map tool asset button to recreate all applicable ones - which are also temporary - only the KEEP stuff sticks around for longer than a token click/etc. - again see .txt file if you want trigger details on what clears assets).

    Anyway - that is how I do it - use the debug option - set the name(s) it expects - if I want it(them).

    Pretty much same thing I did with my VLC sounds that go with them - though I don't share those just describe how I do them - somewhere - I don't even know anymore. Works for me - good enough - I've moved on until my players have some new spell/etc. that we want some fancy stuff to show. Then I use debug to figure out what I should be defining. Or apply the rules to figure out the SELF/KEEP/etc. naming rules I want applied.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

  9. #349
    Generic Actions Layer - V1.23 - Update - option "Asset: Recreate effect assets when any token stops dragging or effect is changed (can be slow)" defaulted to "off" which will recreate all effect assets whenever a token is drag dropped on map or an effect is added, updated, or removed from CT entry. Assets that are marked hidden in CT do not get assets displayed. Do not use this option if you have a lot of GAL assets in play (lots of effects in CT) as this can slow things down. Keep in mind every key stroke in effect field triggers and update and thus recreation of all effects. This also adds a feature that insures that "GA Effects" layer now also supports "GA Effects GMOnly" layer for effects that are only visible to the GM.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

  10. #350
    Generic Actions Layer - V1.24 - Bug - Aura extension mistakenly triggers GAL updates every time it crosses an aura boundary many times. Fixed to not process when Aura triggers GAL update.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Log in

Log in