DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 33 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    I have partnered with Grim Press to handle sales and promo of this extension. I'm just to lazy to bother
    Last edited by SilentRuin; November 16th, 2020 at 21:19.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Added new grim press video.

Thank you Silent Ruin for the extension. It's been very helpful. I tried to read through several of the last few pages of this thread for an answer, but I didn't see anything. Any time someone has the grappled condition, they are restricted from performing a grapple and/or shove. I understand from the post on page 10 that you suggest removing the grappled condition in order to shove someone, which somewhat makes sense. However, by RAW, there is nothing that limits someone from grappling while being grappled.

From a narrative stand point, my perspective is that if a goblin has grappled a kobold, that shouldn't prevent the kobold from grappling the goblin. If this becomes limited, then the grappler will always have "the upper hand" in every interaction.

I played with the "Ignore Grappled Effect" but it doesn't seem to change the behavior (maybe I am misunderstanding the intention of it). Is there a way to allow the Grapple (and/or Shove) button to work for someone that has the grappled condition? If this is not possible and you aren't interested in making this part of the core extension, that's cool. I'm fine to make local changes to the mod if that's required, but if possible could you provide some guidance on where to start with it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Korav View Post
    Thank you Silent Ruin for the extension. It's been very helpful. I tried to read through several of the last few pages of this thread for an answer, but I didn't see anything. Any time someone has the grappled condition, they are restricted from performing a grapple and/or shove. I understand from the post on page 10 that you suggest removing the grappled condition in order to shove someone, which somewhat makes sense. However, by RAW, there is nothing that limits someone from grappling while being grappled.

From a narrative stand point, my perspective is that if a goblin has grappled a kobold, that shouldn't prevent the kobold from grappling the goblin. If this becomes limited, then the grappler will always have "the upper hand" in every interaction.

I played with the "Ignore Grappled Effect" but it doesn't seem to change the behavior (maybe I am misunderstanding the intention of it). Is there a way to allow the Grapple (and/or Shove) button to work for someone that has the grappled condition? If this is not possible and you aren't interested in making this part of the core extension, that's cool. I'm fine to make local changes to the mod if that's required, but if possible could you provide some guidance on where to start with it would be appreciated.
    Originally I had a grappled individual defaulted to not be able to attack or throw spells, that was that entire discussion you saw earlier in this thread. That is what the "Ignore Grappled Effect" was for and why it was defaulted to be on. If its off then you can't attack or throw spells (I think if memory serves me). Most rules, as you know, in D&D Raw have grey areas. If you are grappling someone - it means you have enough control of them you can drag them around at half your speed. It means you have OVERCOME their strength/whatever to do this. In order to escape this - you must escape the grapple. Obviously if your overpowered by someone having a grip on you enough to drag you around you can't really suddenly overpower them in turn - that would essentially BE breaking the grapple. Which you have to do first. However, if you have some idea that both can overpower each other at same time (something impossible in my mind) you will have to - as host - apply the grapple yourself. Nothing stops you from dropping the grappled effect into a combat tracker entry yourself.

Personally, if someone is grappled I would never allow that. They would have to break the overpowering grip on them before they could overpower their opponent - in which case they would have broken their opponents grapple to do so. That's how this interprets this rule. But nothing stops you from simply dragging the grappled effect and dropping it over a combat entry like you do without this effect. I can't remember the source rules for it when that happens but if it applies the source then my break grapple will still work - otherwise you'd have to manage that manual grappled effect ending yourself.

And of course, you can modify the extension to simply take that "if check" out in your version. Sounds like you know how and its very simple to do. But I design all my extensions for my own games, and while I have been convinced to change them in the past (as you can see in any of my extensions threads), the first hurdle is to convince me I want it in my game or that enough people want something that won't effect my game (another option in this case).

If you need to know where exactly to make the change to allow this in your version let me know and I'll post it for you - should be pretty simple to find though if you know extensions as it sounds like you do.

I'm familiar with how to make basic modifications of extensions, but I've reviewed the code and I'm not following where the initial check, so a starting point would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Korav View Post
    I'm familiar with how to make basic modifications of extensions, but I've reviewed the code and I'm not following where the initial check, so a starting point would be helpful.
    Sent you PM with the code changes that "I think" you need - but in the end you'll have to make sure of my guess.

Love this extension! But why does Dodge set the effect to Init adjustment at 0? This causes the effect to fall off at the top of the round which isn't how Dodge works. It's in effect "Until the start of your next turn".

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    Love this extension! But why does Dodge set the effect to Init adjustment at 0? This causes the effect to fall off at the top of the round which isn't how Dodge works. It's in effect "Until the start of your next turn".
    I use reshuffle option to reroll init every turn to keep my players guessing. Nothing in FGU can do the "until the start of your next turn" without setting the nInit part of the effect (init in DB) to the init of whomever is applying the effect. And if you do the reshuffle - like me - your out of luck other than tracking it into the next turn for a bit. However, having said that - give me a bit and I'll put the init in the Help and Dodge so that people who don't do reshuffle of the init every turn can get it to work better. But can't really totally solve this one. Let me see what I can do.

Also Celestian had some free extension I think that would reset any effect init values to the reshuffled one but not sure if it worked or not based on posts in that thread. Also this is FGU - not FGC.

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    Went ahead and added init into effects. Won't help me as I reroll init every round but will help those that do not.

V 1.9 - Added init to effects for DODGE and HELP so that you can get them to actually last to next turn. Warning: If you use the reroll init every round like me you'll have to manually update the effect init value to the new initiative of the player. Still - willing to make the change even though I can't take advantage of it.

Awesome! Thank you!!!

Thread Information