STAR TREK 2d20

What are Air Sentinels? AD&D 2e

So, in the Monstrous Compendium - Outer Planes Appendix (MC8), there's a creature that lives in the Twin Paradises on the layer of Shurrock, which is one of the Upper Planes. There is no information on these creatures, as to their actual origins, so I'm not sure how to classify them. The entry for them states that they have an extremely close resemblance to Djinn from the Elemental Plane of Air, but that the thought of the sages is that a pact was made by a deity of the Twin Paradises with some Djinn to become protectors of people in Shurrock, which has extremely violent weather.

So I'm kind of stuck between "Over the aeons, did they become a Celestial being, or are they still Elementals from the Plane of Air?" There are no data entries on this creature on wikis, so I can't just check there, which I did. Anyone have any ideas for what type this NPC should have? I currently have it as "Elemental / Air"

Are you looking for the text of the monster's description or theoretical origins? I can show ya the former, not the latter.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I have the compendium in physical form, so I have the description, but the stat blocks from 2e don't include types. I guess I'll stick to "Elemental / Air" for my purposes due to the theoretical origins presented in the description.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitamasu1 View Post
    I have the compendium in physical form, so I have the description, but the stat blocks from 2e don't include types. I guess I'll stick to "Elemental / Air" for my purposes due to the theoretical origins presented in the description.
    So you want a "Type", I'd go with the elemental, air.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

That's what I figured too. Thanks for the reply, celestian.

Thread Information