DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    I disabled the advanced security with xfinity. Just for asking how do you run a connection test though FGC?

Blog Entries
    On the FG Launch screen before you start your campaign their is a Test Connection button.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I don't have that screen yet. I can't get past the login and install setup.Screenshot (36).png If your talking about the three buttons on the bottom that are Live/test/dev. I tried them all

No, the test connection button isn't in settings. Did you change your installation folders as I mentioned above?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I do have it set to "E:/SteamLibrary 2tb/steamapps/common/Fantasy Grounds/" for both app/data directory. I did change steam download location to my E drive. It was originally at the C drive.

Quote Originally Posted by CX360Trunks View Post
    I do have it set to "E:/SteamLibrary 2tb/steamapps/common/Fantasy Grounds/" for both app/data directory. I did change steam download location to my E drive. It was originally at the C drive.
    Fantasy Grounds default installation directories are not to the steamapps folder (in fact FG doesn't even run through Steam or download through Steam). I would suggest that you uninstall and try installing using the default locations. Those locations have been chosen to minimize installation and permissions issues. Additionally the installation is in two parts the client and the data. The data and client are not installed into the same locations and doing so again could cause issues. So by choosing the default locations and installing there will at least eliminate a possible cause of your issues. It may not make any difference but we should eliminate the possibility.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I purchased the game through Steam. I did try downloading FGC through the website also. Do you know the path for both App and Data directory? Whenever I try to uninstall and reinstall FG it is set to those locations already.

See here for installation information https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/819212/Installing+Fantasy+Grounds+Unity

The default locations for Classic are

Client C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/

Data C:/Users/<Name>/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; August 8th, 2020 at 18:24.

I can't find AppData under that folder. I had to make a new folder for the client. This is for a fresh install with FGWebInstall. With the fresh install it used steamapps folder??

Quote Originally Posted by CX360Trunks View Post
    I can't find AppData under that folder. I had to make a new folder for the client. This is for a fresh install with FGWebInstall. With the fresh install it used steamapps folder??
    AppData is by default a hidden folder. In any window look up at the top and find the View tab. Click on that and then on the tick box beside 'Hidden items' and then you'll see it.

If you told FG to install in the steamapps folder previously it will continue to default to that since the location is stored in the Registry. You can override that (and therefore set a new install folder) by telling FG to install in the locations mentioned above.

Thread Information