5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 13 of 33 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi, I just dropped 5E enhancer in favor of this extension. The one problem I notice is that the blood widget is much smaller than the token (maybe 10% of the diameter of the token). Is there a way to enlarge the blood widgets?
    I am using the latest FGU.

I noticed that the blood pngs in the graphics folder in your extension are much smaller than the blood pngs in Token Death Indicator 2.0 - BLOOD SPLATS!

Thanks
    Web
    That has annoyed me also. I'll make it bigger in a new version tonight or tomorrow depending on time I have to do it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hi, I just dropped 5E enhancer in favor of this extension. The one problem I notice is that the blood widget is much smaller than the token (maybe 10% of the diameter of the token). Is there a way to enlarge the blood widgets?
    I am using the latest FGU.

I noticed that the blood pngs in the graphics folder in your extension are much smaller than the blood pngs in Token Death Indicator 2.0 - BLOOD SPLATS!

Thanks
    Web
    Not sure why widgets for bloodspatter and stable bitmaps was always so small since it was given the width and height of the token to place with - but I doubled the size of both in order for it too look better. V 4.12 is updated on page 1.

Excellent, thanks very much for the quick response.

Excellent, thanks very much for the quick response.
    Quick because you asked me to fix something that has also annoyed me

It is still pretty tiny
    death indicator v4.12.png
    I bumped the setsize multiplier from x2 to x6 and it looks more like the readme.pdf
    death indicator dwarf x6 v4.12c.pngdeath indicator spider x6 v4.12c.png

BTW, it would be nice if there was a textual indication of the current extension version on page 1 of the thread and a current copy of the readme.pdf there.

Love the bandaid
    Attached Images Attached Images

It is still pretty tiny
    I bumped the setsize multiplier from x2 to x6 and it looks more like the readme.pdf

BTW, it would be nice if there was a textual indication of the current extension version on page 1 of the thread and a current copy of the readme.pdf there.

Love the bandaid

It is still pretty tiny

Love the bandaid
    That is bizarre - mine now look large enough at 2 multiplier. If you bring up the monster manual Abominable Yeti token on map (from CT) and set him to NPC special (so he does saves), his giant blood splat is very reasonable over large section of him. And if you bring one of the smiteworks portraits its also very reasonable. This all in the D&D Map-4 that I have a grid overlayed in (using things I used in polymorphism video to test).

I'm pretty confused over what governs the size of these widget bitmaps overlayed on a token. If you are seeing a 3X size difference from me I'm totally clueless on why. As you saw in that section of the code it takes the token size (which I would have thought would have been fine) and then I added the fudge factor *2 - and you still had to triple that?

I'd like to know why if anyone knows - then I could actually scale it based on some rule that worked for everyone. Right now 2X is perfect for my stuff - large and medium (so assume for gargantuan also). Tested on tiny stirge but those tokens are same size as medium. Here is that one chunk of code we are talking about....

manager_death_indicator.lua line 1861
    Code:
    	local tokenCT = CombatManager.getTokenFromCT(nodeCT);

if not tokenCT then
    		Debug.console("DeathIndicatorManager.createDeathIndicator: Invalid combat tracker token");
    		return nil;
    	end

-- If the death indicator widget is not found, then we need to create it

local wDeathIndicator = tokenCT.findWidget("deathindicator");

if not wDeathIndicator then

local nWidth, nHeight = tokenCT.getSize();

wDeathIndicator = tokenCT.addBitmapWidget();
    		-- Doubled size of widget as for some reason it always came out too small. 
    		wDeathIndicator.setSize(nWidth * 2, nHeight * 2);
    		wDeathIndicator.setName("deathindicator");

end

-- Update and display the death indicator widget
    	wDeathIndicator.setBitmap(sBitmap);
    	wDeathIndicator.setVisible(true);
    For now I'm going to leave the delivered version like this as any larger and it would wreck my version. If someone can explain the math of what is required to get it to be correct for everyone I'd be happy to implement it - otherwise you will need to edit this section of the code to fix your own version to the relevant fudge factor that works for your tokens.

I also notice the tombstones are bigger "I think".

Going to hold off making any more sizing changes until someone can explain to me how this bitmap scaling in the original DeathIndicator is supposed to work. Keep in mind it was originally written in FGC and this may be some FGU thing going on. For sure if I give the widget the same width and height as the token - I would think it would be that scale.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 30th, 2020 at 20:15.

Here is DMG map-4 using x6 multiplier with MM yeti and Gaustadnes character token dwarf_male_cleric_a_01.png. These splats are roughly 2x too large.
    DMG map-4 x6.png so the map scale must matter. I imagine that the option "Token (GM)/Auto-scale to grid" must be magically compensating.
    My map was dungeon of the mad mage level-3-players. It has a grid size of 15 x 15 pixels. The DMG map-4 has a grid size of 30 x 30 pixels. The fact that the 6x setsize is too large on the DMG map (which has more pixels per square) and the correct size for the DMM map suggests that the dimension for setsize must be feet rather than pixels.
    Last edited by webdove; September 30th, 2020 at 20:20.

Here is DMG map-4 using x6 multiplier with MM yeti and Gaustadnes character token dwarf_male_cleric_a_01.png. These splats are roughly 2x too large.
    DMG map-4 x6.png so the map scale must matter. I imagine that the option "Token (GM)/Auto-scale to grid" must be magically compensating.
    My map was dungeon of the mad mage level-3-players. It has a grid size of 15 x 15 pixels. The DMG map-4 has a grid size of 30 x 30 pixels. The fact that the 6x setsize is too large on the DMG map (which has more pixels per square) and the correct size for the DMM map suggests that the dimension for setsize must be feet rather than pixels.
    Solved - or as much as I plan to solve it - done enough for sure. Please give it a try with your stuff.

Code:
    	local tokenCT = CombatManager.getTokenFromCT(nodeCT);

if not tokenCT then
    		Debug.console("DeathIndicatorManager.createDeathIndicator: Invalid combat tracker token");
    		return nil;
    	end

-- If the death indicator widget is not found, then we need to create it

local wDeathIndicator = tokenCT.findWidget("deathindicator");

if not wDeathIndicator then

local nWidth, nHeight = tokenCT.getImageSize();
    		wDeathIndicator = tokenCT.addBitmapWidget();
    		-- get true token image size and use 0.7 size of that. 
    		wDeathIndicator.setSize(nWidth * 0.7, nHeight * 0.7);
    		wDeathIndicator.setName("deathindicator");

end
    Wanted it slightly smaller than that .8 scaling in options. But really 0.7 is purely my preference - which everyone gets to live with or can change themselves
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 30th, 2020 at 21:46.

Looks all better with getimagesize. Thanks very much.
    getimagesize version.png

give any thought to putting a version tag and readme.pdf on page one of the thread?

Thread Information