FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... Last

Death Indicator Ex v4.5 extension for 5e Fantasy Grounds Unity

Death Indicator Ex v4.5 extension for 5e Fantasy Grounds Unity (in the Forge now)

4.28 - Bug - Client never really respected the display handling of important NPC sheet data as it should - was always displayed. Now it will only be displayed when important NPC is checked and react to changes on host or client.

4.29 - FGU changes - Removed a lot of redundant functionality (players token tag/reset NPC token menu item) and changed <deathmanger> to store only CT tokens now. Backup all your campaigns or db.xml's at minimum. Any current death indicators (tombstones) currently displayed in CT created from before this update will need to be manually updated to their original token if they are brought back to life (just bring up sheet and drag its token back onto the CT). RECOMMENDED you remove <deathmanger> and all its content (or leave settings content if you wish or just redo the DI options again as you like them - I only use defaults) from db.xml of campaign purely to clean up old no longer used stuff - though you don't have to do this.

4.30 - Bug - linkfield template override needed to completely override that template in order to display. The character sheet class window would fail to show links (even though they were clickable). Fixed.

4.31 - Bug - code this had copied from FGU went out of date and caused an error on critical saves. Updated the code copy and fixed.

4.32 - Update - I got annoyed that I could not drop any old token into my death indicator. Also that I could not have the orientation preserved and operated on. Fixed. Basically, if you have the death indicator module that comes with delivery - or have dropped a token into the assets Death preset window (button at bottom of assets) - then if you use one of those tokens or automatically let it pick it will place at 0 orientation and freeze it in place like always. But, if you drop just any old token into the death indicator token field (PC or important NPC) it will know this is not one of the module or preset ones and preserve the orientation when it replaces the death indicator token and allow you to flip it around and if you bring back the old token (make it not dead in CT wounds) then it will be at the orientation the death indicator was last at. It will also not be part of the preset/module automatically chosen death indicators. This allows me to create a burning star wars land speeder as my death indicator and preserve the orientation it was at when it blew up. Or whatever uses you might come up with.

4.33 - Bug - For years the blood splats have scaled incorrectly on certain maps. Fixed.

4.34 - Update - when dying FGU does not always update the vehicle (Incapacitated) or PC/NPC (unconscious and prone) when it should (wounds in CT field changing to live or dying/dead status). This will now properly insure those are added and removed. Prone does not get removed.

4.35 - Bug - Effects for death (see V4.34) were not being applied correctly causing duplicates. Fixed. Also added a new option "Insure Death Effects Applied" defaulted to "on" so that having death indicators insure FGU sets all the death stuff correctly can be turned off if desired. Also, insure that NPC death token if defined is shown even if not important NPC.

4.36 - Update - implemented node and childList changes to code that SW wanted.

4.37 - Bug - fixed length of "Important NPC" text so it worked in all theme font sizes. Fixed.

4.38 - FGU Update - had to change some sheet positions as asset and charsheet changed in FGU update.

4.39 - Update - new option "On Death make CT visible" defaulted to off. If on will insure CT entry is visible on death. I have games where when a mine explodes which is invisible I want the resulting crater death indicator to be visible. I can't really see any case I would not want this except for rare permanent invisibility things for which I can turn this option off.

4.40 - Bug - Fixed 0 HP CT entries (used for non destructible tokens with effects) so that it would not mess up active turn indicator in CT.

4.41 - Feature - double click on host CT will now do what this extension does for client - selecting the token as it centers in map so vision is applied automatically. This will clear all current selections as in client.

4.42 - Feature - functionality that centers a token in map on host CT or client CT (though client can have timing issues and leave CT on top) will now have the window brought to the front of other windows. It has always annoyed me that if a token on map is behind the CT window area I can never see it when I double click on the CT token.

Warning on this interface in case anyone else suffers from this - likely not or I'd have heard of it before but I'm mentioning it anyway - in this thread issue I had:
    Ye be warned.

I have contacted, via PM, and obtained permission from the original author celestian and the modification author Valerian Stormbreaker to make this modified version based on this old classic version Death Indicator Ext. EllivasKram has also had a hand in the coding by modifying it for use with MadNoMad's "Character Sheet Tweaks v1.2" update.

The Extension:

This extension is a "use at your own risk" modification solely tested in 5e Fantasy Grounds Unity.

- - Removed COMBAT_DEATH_IMMUNE and all its logic completely.

- Icons for blood (dying) and tombstones (dead) already existed. I added one for stable. It's a band-aid icon that will appear when the stable effect occurs on a dying player which makes the death saving throws no longer necessary. Band-aid icon will only update when turn executes death save.

- Made the combat tracker skip any PC/NPC that is 0 hit points or unconscious. It will automatically make the saving throws for the dying (blood spatter) character (or special NPC) until they are stable (bandaid) or dead (tombstone).

- Removed all but tokens button from utility_tokenbag.lua because they were not supported in FGU.

- Made minor FGU compatibility changes.

- Made numerous changes so that all operations in combat tracker keep the unconscious (dying/stable/dead) states automatically updated no matter what is manually done. We kept having the usual mistakes in damage etc. that needed correcting - I wanted the death indicator stuff to instantly respect when this happened.

- Made some console messages that specifically point out when a token in combat tracker is erring because the module was unloaded (likely). Yeah, that really happened to me.

- Rewrote <deathmanager> so it goes by CT tokens only when storing tokens to restore from a death indictor (tombstone). Stripped out a lot of redundant code and functionality that never worked.

The description and documents for this extension can be found in the original classic version of Death Indicator Ext. Having said that, I'm a lazy DM. I only modified the parts that impacted me. Basically I want to have blood spatter appear when PC is dying (or specially configured NPCs), a bandaid appear when they are stable, and a tombstone to appear when they are dead. All tied to the most minuscule change in combat tracker sheets instantly. This means I just see it happen along with the players without having to weed through the list of combat tracker effects, or whip out my microscopic lens and figure out what tiny icon is in the character icon, or mousing over them for the tool-tip to tell me. I see it at a glance of the map. So if you are dead lazy and have poor eyesight like me - this extension is for you.

Only tested in Fantasy Grounds Unity for D&D 5e (which requires CoreRPG) ruleset.

This is an "as is" sharing of code with the possibility (not the promise) that I will update it as I modify it for my own uses, or because FGU breaks me down the line sometime.

As this was the first extension I've ever modified, first time I've programmed in LUA, first time done anything in Fantasy Grounds (in this case only Unity)...

Use at your own risk, no guarantees they work with other extensions

Extensions = RISK: This note is added to all the extensions I maintain. I want users to understand that extensions are code that is added to or overrides portions of code in the Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) application. When the underlying code in FGU changes it can break an extension. When you run with other extensions they can conflict by trying to overwrite the same parts of the FGU code. I will keep my extensions working with FGU changes, and the extensions I use (listed in my FGU signature) as I have direct control over those things. I cannot make the same promise with other extensions. If I am notified of an incompatibility I will attempt to resolve it - but if I cannot I will list what the known extension incompatibilities are. Understand before you get any extensions that it comes with RISK. Not just my extensions - any extension. These extensions are also maintained by me for me. I provide them outside of my own games purely to those who wish to take advantages of things I use for myself.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 1st, 2024 at 03:36.

Good job ! Will test compatibilities ect and let you know about any conflicts I find.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Good job ! Will test compatibilities ect and let you know about any conflicts I find.
    Did it ever work?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hey man loving this extension !, I finally got to try it out and it works great! I am running quite a few extensions and haven't found any conflicts with any of them.

Although it wasn't interfering with the extension working, I couldn't find the death.indicator.module when looking in Library-->modules, even though I placed in the module folder.

Fantastic can't wait to try this out during next week play!!!

Hey found that the tomb stones module got automatically loaded into my assets.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey found that the tomb stones module got automatically loaded into my assets.
    Thanks for checking that out!

Got another extension I just posted if you feel in a testing adventurous mood

Is this extension compatibile with 5e Enhancer?

I tested it with the 5e sub-enhancer extensions. I only disabled the 5e-enhancer wound sub-enhancer extension and it was working for me.

Looking great so far! Thanks for the useful extension!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCauthon View Post
    Looking great so far! Thanks for the useful extension!
    Thank the original authors I mention in the first post - I just tweaked it to what I wanted it to do.

Thread Information