DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

New Deadlands version?

Hi FG Wildcards!

I noticed PEG have released v2 of the new SWADE version of Deadlands to us KS backers and I was wondering if anyone knew what the intent was for a FG version. I was hoping to start a new FG deadlands campaign in a couple of months for my regular group and i'd like to start straight into the new system if possible.

stay safe everyone.

Dave

v2 is not a finished product, it's still a pre-release with many changes/corrections being made to it. I'm sure that the industrious bods here are getting some basic things working behind the scenes but until there's a final product actually released by PEG there would be no point in copying most of the actual text and stats over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubel View Post
    Hi FG Wildcards!

I noticed PEG have released v2 of the new SWADE version of Deadlands to us KS backers and I was wondering if anyone knew what the intent was for a FG version. I was hoping to start a new FG deadlands campaign in a couple of months for my regular group and i'd like to start straight into the new system if possible.

stay safe everyone.

Dave
    There will not be a FG product untill the Deadlands PDF gets a final release. When this happens it gets put on Drivethrough RPG as a finished PDF.

This is simply because it would be difficult to program a module that is also being updated too much. It is like hitting a moving target. It is less effort and much less stressful to wait a while and let things work themselves out first. Although I expect that the basic ground work has been layed out. Just wait for the PDF to drop first.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; June 20th, 2020 at 09:07.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    There will not be a FG product untill the Deadlands PDF gets a final release. When this happens it gets put on Drivethrough RPG as a finished PDF.

This is simply because it would be difficult to program a module that is also being updated too much. It is like hitting a moving target. It is less effort and much less stressful to wait a while and let things work themselves out first. Although I expect that the basic ground work has been layed out. Just wait for the PDF to drop first.
    Made that mistake with DLLC :s

Got it finished, they changed things...

Go that done, they changed again.

Got it to match the final printed release, they found more errors!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I get that it won't be updated until the book is in print, absolutely. I do have one question.

I'm running Deadlands - the new version, as best as I can. I've activated SWADE and the (now older) Deadlands: Reloaded modules. The character sheet is great in that we can ignore things like Grit (not used in the new version) - but there is one problem.

Bennies.

The Bennies system is using the old method of White/Red/Blue Fate Chips. Is there a method of using the new only white bennies with this ruleset?

There are no Fate chips any more.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    There are no Fate chips any more.
    I know that - please take a look at my question again.... I *want* to use Bennies. But the character sheet uses Fate Chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Craftzero View Post
    I know that - please take a look at my question again.... I *want* to use Bennies. But the character sheet uses Fate Chips.
    That's exactly the point. Don't activate the Deadlands ext.

Or you're going to have to make an extension to remove all the Fate Chips system out of it.

or ignore the colour of the fate they can all be used as white chips, by fg

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Question from the Deadlands Kickstarter. The Kickstarter includes a VTT bundle. A lot of that stuff is already in FG, like templates, but will elements like tokens be added to the FG version of Deadlands? And will we need to repurchase Deadlands, or will we get it as an update if we already have the previous extension?

Edit: I guess that's two questions.

Thread Information