DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    It will be done, when it's done, there are coding changes that will need to be done, not like Lost Colony which I could crank out without any coding required, we all have to be patient :|
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

It should also be noted that the most recently released pdf is per the Kickstarter: "is not exactly the final file (and we do not recommend printing)" so I can understand if Ikael is waiting for the final file before submitting the module to Smiteworks to make available for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    It should also be noted that the most recently released pdf is per the Kickstarter: "is not exactly the final file (and we do not recommend printing)" so I can understand if Ikael is waiting for the final file before submitting the module to Smiteworks to make available for sale.
    The latest version I have no longer has that admonition.

Again, the note is from the most recent Kickstarter update dealing with the core book, not the pdf itself. They have not yet made an update saying that the version that will be heading to the printer is ready for download.

I understand what you're saying now.

The latest PDF finally removed the warning, but apparently the Kickstarter update hasn't declared it safe to print. (emphasis mine)

The product seems very near completion. At the very least it is stable. Since FG modules are being updated constantly, why are the possible minor tweaks that *might* happen of any concern?

Printing is forever, digital updates take moments.

The reasoning of "we shouldn't put anything out because something might change", would apply to every product from any company that actively maintains their product, and would thus lead to never releasing.

Since releasing a "perfect" dataset seems rare (I cannot recall *any*), waiting for this release to be "perfect" makes no sense to me.

Printing is forever, digital updates take moments.

But I understand that those working on it will "get to it when they get to it", and there isn't much I can do beside voice my opinion...which I now have.

I will purchase the product as soon as it is released. Until then, I will use my hand-entered dataset that took a Sunday afternoon for me to enter.

In the mean time, I will clearly have to create one for the Companion as well. No telling how long that FG module will take.

Last update was a complete rework of the agents if I remember correctly,so wasn't just some text changes but tables etc that would have changed with it. Maybe now he starts working on it but that will also take some time.

Whelp, Guess I get to post the good news for those who didnt back the Deadlands Kickstart. Final files are ready for download and printing.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Whelp, Guess I get to post the good news for those who didnt back the Deadlands Kickstart. Final files are ready for download and printing.
    So what you're really saying is that Ikael has no more excuses for procrastinating.

Not knowing what is in his project list, I can't say that.

Depends on what he is already working on first. Still going to take time to do all the work of entering data and programming extension
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Thread Information