DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 16 First ... 89101112 ... Last

ignore this

Nevermind
    Last edited by Ulric; November 7th, 2020 at 02:15.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Hi I've been playing for a short time on starfinder. the starship combat controls and handling seem very rough and have found a few problems with them. not sure if these have been pointed out ir if its still being worked on but I'll list what we have found so far.

The Initiative system seem to no work. we roll piloting during helm phase but they don't go into the initiative boxes, I have to manually in put them.

When you roll damage why do you have to drop it on the ships token when you have the ship targeted. is this something at is being worked on or can be changed like it is in normal combat?
    also with that why does the damage going to the player ship cant be applied by them. it seem every thing during the combat drops on the GM with enough stuff to sort out. my played agree with this so they can see the damage they are getting and where.

The Shield rating has a hard time being correct. it seem the shield rating number might be glitched. when we do attack damage the first time the shied goes down but some times it goes to into negative numbers. from the roles that's not suppose to happen is I have to manually adjust it every time.

a small item is some of the ships you cant tell where the forward facing is on them because they line up with the line on the hex. would it be possible to give the tokens an arrow point to show where the front area of the ship it.

These right how seem to be the only real problems we as a group have encountered, like i said not sure if the starship combat feature is still being worked on or if these problems have been addressed already, but figure we would let you know

Quote Originally Posted by ptchicuorka View Post
    The Initiative system seem to no work. we roll piloting during helm phase but they don't go into the initiative boxes, I have to manually in put them.
    There is a Initiative action in a pilots actions, which does update the Initiative of the PC ship(s). For NPC ships it works as well with a double click on the Initiative box of the ship in the combat tracker. Initiative.png

Quote Originally Posted by ptchicuorka View Post
    When you roll damage why do you have to drop it on the ships token when you have the ship targeted. is this something at is being worked on or can be changed like it is in normal combat?
    If you have your players roll damage out of their character sheet (with a double click on the weapons damage you will get the damage on the targeted ship. Damage.png

With the rest I agree, although I don't think players necessarily need to apply damage theirselfs. But all in all starship combat needs a lot of work. I still hope my explanations can help you and your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    There is a Initiative action in a pilots actions, which does update the Initiative of the PC ship(s). For NPC ships it works as well with a double click on the Initiative box of the ship in the combat tracker. Initiative.png

If you have your players roll damage out of their character sheet (with a double click on the weapons damage you will get the damage on the targeted ship. Damage.png

With the rest I agree, although I don't think players necessarily need to apply damage theirselfs. But all in all starship combat needs a lot of work. I still hope my explanations can help you and your group.
    I found it was not possible for players to 'ctrl' click to set the target on the map to set the target, but the dm can do this with the target drop down on the star ship combat tracker.

We have a session tonight, which I hope will see my players doing star ship combat, so I'll keep any eye out for any feedback..

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I found it was not possible for players to 'ctrl' click to set the target on the map to set the target, but the dm can do this with the target drop down on the star ship combat tracker.
    That's true, but usually starship encounters have only one enemy ship. So you can just set it up with both ships (PC and NPC) targeting each other and be fine for the whole combat.

Are the bonuses from the Captain, 1st mate, AI etc. still working automatically for subsequent rolls? Wouldn't want to miss any bonuses as well as any penalties applied to enemy ships.

Btw, I remeber being able to target enemy ships as a PC in previous releases.

The bonuses from crew actions are not implemented. The rolls are there, but needs to be expanded. The use of the modifiers (set them up within FG) or modifier box will need to be used in these cases. The ship bonuses from the computer and such should be automated if set up correctly on the PC ship. The ruleset is slowly getting adjusted and streamlined to move to these needed things and certainly on the list of getting some treatment.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Description: "Star Battles: Space Stations and Planets Space Map Pack" produces error message and fails to load image.

Discussion: When a user loads the "Star Battles: Space Stations and Planets Space Map Pack", and attempts to load any map, they receive the following message:

Database Notice: Campaign saved.
    Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Asteroid Mining - Hex Grid.jpg)

I have deleted the file from my vault folder (JBEFGANYSBSSPSMP.dat") and forced a reload without any luck. I have also created a new debug campaign and also receive the error message. Of note, I received a similar issue with Abattoir 8 in September 15th of this year https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ght=abattoir+8 (Post #41). a fix was required in order to correctly load the data.

Steps to reproduce.
    1) Create a new Starfinder campaign.
    2) Close the module helper when starting the campaign
    3) From Data, click on Module and load "Star Battles: Space Stations and Planets Space Map Pack"
    4) Once loaded, in the Images are attempt to load any images from the map pack. The above message appears..

Only materials loaded were Core RPT ruleset v3.3.1.2 for FGC, SFRPG Ruleset v 2.1.9 and the above mentioned map pack..

Dawn of Flame - AP5 - Encounter 2.E.03. Field office

Grunph Mele and Range attacks are incorrect. Grumph uses a Dualing sword, buzzblade and a Laser Pistol, aphelion, but on his stat block he has Rhyolite Magma blade and a Corona Serpent Laser.
    You might want to check the rest of the stat block as this looks like a occupation soldiers stats..

The to hit for the occupation soldiers appear to be the same as Grumph's. So the to hit numbers are most-likely incorrect (Unless he is a pushover)
    Last edited by Stadlerc; November 9th, 2020 at 02:52.

Thanks for reporting this. I will get it fixed.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thread Information