STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 16 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    The reason you don't include it in both, is because if the GM doesn't remember to NOT create characters with that module loaded, and then passes the character over to the player, who doesn't have those GM only resources available, then none of the links will ever work. This was the impetus for merging the CRB back into one module only, since there really isn't any GM Only information in that particular book.
    Lots of double negatives in here, but I think I can parse this and understand what you are saying.

If the GM is able to create characters, but without the Player's version loaded (and char features exist in the GM version,) then passes the character to the players, who DON'T have access to the GM version, then the links to their character features will not work.

Do I have this right? I agree this is a VERY good reason to do it this way. I hadn't anticipated that. Now, I'll have to check the characters I CREATED to make sure they work for players!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    Lots of double negatives in here, but I think I can parse this and understand what you are saying.

If the GM is able to create characters, but without the Player's version loaded (and char features exist in the GM version,) then passes the character to the players, who DON'T have access to the GM version, then the links to their character features will not work.

Do I have this right? I agree this is a VERY good reason to do it this way. I hadn't anticipated that. Now, I'll have to check the characters I CREATED to make sure they work for players!
    You know how it is. You start down one explanation path then get sidetracked, go back and start rewriting the explanation and don't proof it to ensure a 5th grader can understand it before you click Post. Happens a lot more often than I care to admit to given the amount of pressure I am under at work this time of year.

EDIT: Oh, and yes, you have the correct understanding
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

... to ensure a 5th grader can understand it before you click Post.
    Are YOU, my dear, comparing ME to a 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    Are YOU, my dear, comparing ME to a 5th grader?
    Not if you understood my original post
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

P.S., unless your audience is specifically Elementary aged students, you should write in such a way that a 5th grader could understand it...at least that is what I was taught in my professional career.
    aka Laendra

P.S., unless your audience is specifically Elementary aged students, you should write in such a way that a 5th grader could understand it...at least that is what I was taught in my professional career.
    Yes, completely agree.

I'm not sure if this is a bug exactly, but my GM (who doesn't know FG very well) mentioned it to me and wanted me to pass it along:
    Mobile Striker in Attack of the Swarm, Fate of the Fifth is not included in the Vehicles list.
    Last edited by bmos; October 15th, 2020 at 23:23.

The module does not include the stats for the Vehicle. It only gives the modifiers to run the encounter.
    Last edited by madman; November 2nd, 2020 at 19:28.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

I am trying to build my starship and when I attempt to put in the frame nothing shows up in the starship items.

Race Elf
    Theme Priest
    Class Mystic (1)

No Stamina points are being added from Class, So character has 10 Hit points from Race and Class and 0 Stamina Points.

No Extensions loaded and only the core rulebook and player versions of Alien Archive 1-3 and Armory and Pact Worlds and Character Operations Manual

Example: Mystic.jpg

Thread Information