DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is there any plan for adding automation in the CoC7th ruleset?

Is there any plan for adding automations in the CoC7th ruleset? I know we can play we way it currently is, but I’d like to see some more automation:

Opposed rolls:
    A pc rolls stealth, the npc has to roll for Spot Hidden as an Opposed roll to discover him. The npc drag’n’drop the Spot Hidden skill and hover over the previous stealth roll in the chat, automatically compare both rolls and decide who wins.

Luck spending rule:
    A pc rolls for Library Use, 70%, it is a fail by 10 points, there is an icon in the chat next to the roll to use Luck. It automatically subtracts the luck points and reformulate the roll as a regular success. Again, there is an icon to use luck again to make it a hard success and so on. This might be an option of the ruleset "use luck rules", since it is optional.

Sanity:
    The GM can call for Sanity to a group of characters and mark them as “succeed/failed”, and make them roll sanity and roll the loss, all configurable in ruleset options (autoroll sanity, autoroll sanity loss).

Combat:
    Dragndrop attack to combat tracker or token, in the CT it shows the result, the defender rolls his skill to oppose (counterattack, dodge), dragndrop in the attackers results in the CT and automatically resolves the action.

Initiative:
    Roll for initiative, again a optional rule.

Hi lozanoje,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

We have included a number of automation features into the ruleset and I am not aversed to adding more, if it can be done in a good way.

Some of your suggestions may not be possible in the way that you suggest, but I will investigate them to see what can be done.

Opposed rolls are difficult to coordinate without making the second roll automatic which cannot be done when the character needs to select a response. Dragging and dropping onto results in the chat window probably won’t work, but perhaps there are other options that I can find.

Watch this space.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by lozanoje View Post
    Is there any plan for adding automations in the CoC7th ruleset? I know we can play we way it currently is, but I’d like to see some more automation:

Opposed rolls:
    A pc rolls stealth, the npc has to roll for Spot Hidden as an Opposed roll to discover him. The npc drag’n’drop the Spot Hidden skill and hover over the previous stealth roll in the chat, automatically compare both rolls and decide who wins.

Luck spending rule:
    A pc rolls for Library Use, 70%, it is a fail by 10 points, there is an icon in the chat next to the roll to use Luck. It automatically subtracts the luck points and reformulate the roll as a regular success. Again, there is an icon to use luck again to make it a hard success and so on. This might be an option of the ruleset "use luck rules", since it is optional.

Sanity:
    The GM can call for Sanity to a group of characters and mark them as “succeed/failed”, and make them roll sanity and roll the loss, all configurable in ruleset options (autoroll sanity, autoroll sanity loss).

Combat:
    Dragndrop attack to combat tracker or token, in the CT it shows the result, the defender rolls his skill to oppose (counterattack, dodge), dragndrop in the attackers results in the CT and automatically resolves the action.

Initiative:
    Roll for initiative, again a optional rule.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Hi lozanoje,

Thanks for taking the time to post.
    Great to know that at least you bear this kind of automations in mind. It would help a lot Keepers to make things easier and would make a difference with other VTTs compared to FG.

Thread Information