FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Hey, nice extension! I found one incompatibility between this extension and the Combat Enhancer for 5e, and since the coder for the latter has already established he will not further develop the extension, I´d be nice to inform you. Basically, while running both extensions, some features of the combat enhancer cannot be used (such as flanking and automatic range attacks). I know nothing about coding, so I´m not sure if it's his extension or your that´s causing the problem, but I´m just letting you know.

Blog Entries
    @ScriedRAven,
    I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content. Thanks for your contribution and considering adding a licensing statement to your original post

Note, I know you had permission from Kent to build off his code, so please check with him so you don't accidentally release his work in a way he does not wish. Thanks!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hello,
    I am unable to get the darkness, dark and dimlight effects working. The others that I tried that do work are truesight and blur so I at least know the extension is installed and partially working. I am using FGC without the combat enhancer. Has anyone else had issues with the dark or darkness effects not working? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shoits View Post
    Hey, nice extension! I found one incompatibility between this extension and the Combat Enhancer for 5e, and since the coder for the latter has already established he will not further develop the extension, I´d be nice to inform you. Basically, while running both extensions, some features of the combat enhancer cannot be used (such as flanking and automatic range attacks). I know nothing about coding, so I´m not sure if it's his extension or your that´s causing the problem, but I´m just letting you know.
    They both try to modify the same file, I'd have to redo this completely from scratch. Which I might do, but that'll take some time. In the short term if you want to use both then you can copy the code from mine about whatever effects you want, and paste them into his (the main file you'd need to change is manager_action_attack)

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    @ScriedRAven,
    I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content. Thanks for your contribution and considering adding a licensing statement to your original post

Note, I know you had permission from Kent to build off his code, so please check with him so you don't accidentally release his work in a way he does not wish. Thanks!
    I'll ask him, but personally I don't really care what people do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyc4065 View Post
    Hello,
    I am unable to get the darkness, dark and dimlight effects working. The others that I tried that do work are truesight and blur so I at least know the extension is installed and partially working. I am using FGC without the combat enhancer. Has anyone else had issues with the dark or darkness effects not working? Thanks!
    Are you using any other extensions?

Quote Originally Posted by ScriedRaven View Post

Are you using any other extensions?
    Nearly all of Kent's extensions, and DiabloBob's extensions from the DMsguild. So I ended up turning everything off/on one at a time and found out that if either Kent's Automatic Flanking/Range OR Kent's Automatic Pack Tactics is on the darkness, dark effects do not work. Truesight and blur seem to work regardless however. So in order to get Darkness working I have to turn both the flanking/range and pact tactics extensions off. :-(

I figured it out. I had to add them to the effects list, which overfills the effects window, but it works now with Combat Enhancer Classic, and Pack Tactics. Presumably with Flanking and Range too.

Quote Originally Posted by ScriedRaven View Post
    I figured it out. I had to add them to the effects list, which overfills the effects window, but it works now with Combat Enhancer Classic, and Pack Tactics. Presumably with Flanking and Range too.
    hmm even with both pack tactics & flanking ranged turned off the extension seems to have broken for me compared to the previous version. Essentially the advantage part works (if an enemy is in darkness but the PC is not the PC get advantage). But if the PC is in darkness the the enemy is not the PC is not rolling with disadvantage. The PC just does a normal roll. If both the PC and enemy (each does not have dark vision) were in dark or darkness they each roll advantage against each other instead of a straight roll. So in summary I am unable to get the disadvantage part working with the latest version. Not sure what else could be going on. :-( The previous version still works great though as long as I keep pack tactics and flanking off so I will just stick with that for now. Thanks for putting in the effort to troubleshoot would could be going on with me though. Were you able to get the disadvantage working on your end where if someone was in darkness they were rolling with disadvantage?

With Sunlight Sensitivity, how do you indicate to the FG that its now sunny and so all those with Sunlight Sensitivity effect on them get DISADV or take damage or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by mordkhaan View Post
    With Sunlight Sensitivity, how do you indicate to the FG that its now sunny and so all those with Sunlight Sensitivity effect on them get DISADV or take damage or whatever?
    You add an effect to the character labeled sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by Saiki Kusuo View Post
    hmm even with both pack tactics & flanking ranged turned off the extension seems to have broken for me compared to the previous version. Essentially the advantage part works (if an enemy is in darkness but the PC is not the PC get advantage). But if the PC is in darkness the the enemy is not the PC is not rolling with disadvantage. The PC just does a normal roll. If both the PC and enemy (each does not have dark vision) were in dark or darkness they each roll advantage against each other instead of a straight roll. So in summary I am unable to get the disadvantage part working with the latest version. Not sure what else could be going on. :-( The previous version still works great though as long as I keep pack tactics and flanking off so I will just stick with that for now. Thanks for putting in the effort to troubleshoot would could be going on with me though. Were you able to get the disadvantage working on your end where if someone was in darkness they were rolling with disadvantage?
    That is the same issue I am having. Additionally, when a pc is invisible and the other has see invisible the see invisible pc is not disadvantaged when attacking but the invisible pc still gets advantage while attacking.

Thread Information