DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Hmmmm I seem to be having a similar issue today.

[2/26/2021 10:35:40 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_actor5E_vision.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActorManager5E' (a nil value)
    [2/26/2021 10:35:40 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_hp.lua"]:286: attempt to index global 'ActorManager5E' (a nil value)

That second one was from another extension that has the same issue I think, as I tried it on the 5e sample campaign with just this extension enabled and just got this one:

[2/26/2021 10:50:10 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_actor5E_vision.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActorManager5E' (a nil value)

Testing conditions for the sample campaign are:
    FGU v4.0.10 Ultimate (2021-02-04)
    Build Channel: Live
    Server Type: Private LAN
    Extensions: 5E - Vision v1.3, Theme: Wood
    Rulesets Used:
    D&D 5e ruleset v3.3.12
    Core RPG ruleset v.3.3.12A

Quote Originally Posted by Megaprr View Post
    Hmmmm I seem to be having a similar issue today.

[2/26/2021 10:50:10 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_actor5E_vision.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActorManager5E' (a nil value)

Testing conditions for the sample campaign are:
    FGU v4.0.10 Ultimate (2021-02-04)
    Build Channel: Live
    Server Type: Private LAN
    Extensions: 5E - Vision v1.3, Theme: Wood
    Rulesets Used:
    D&D 5e ruleset v3.3.12
    Core RPG ruleset v.3.3.12A
    I tried recreating the conditions, but I'm not getting the same error when loading in, attacking, or making death saves. What exactly are you doing before the error pops up?

It actually seems to be a problem with a few other extensions I have too. Both Druid Wildshape and 5E Constitutional Amendents were also throwing ActorManager5E nil value errors. Though in the case of wildshape it was only throwing it when actually trying to morph into a monster. And only the token change failed, as the actual stats and abilities switched to those of the monster properly.

Hmmm. If you're unable to reproduce it maybe it's a problem on my end. I'll try updating FG and see if that helps at all. I'll post an update when I do so.

EDIT: Yep. Evidently something must have been broken in my install as a general update seems to have fixed the issue.
    Last edited by Megaprr; March 1st, 2021 at 02:33.

Complete overhaul to increase compatibility with other extensions (ironically now incompatible with the extension the original was based on). It has been specifically tested with Mattekures Status Indicators, and Kent McCulloughs Automatic Pack Tactics as those were ones it was previously mentioned to be incompatible with. I also ran it with my standard list of extensions and didn't see any problems, but I didn't specifically test every use of those so I won't list them. I didn't test Combat Enhancer, but that's because I'm not sure how stable that is right now.

I also ended up removing Blindsight, Truesight, Blur, and See Invisibility, as they were part of the problem. I removed Dangersense because it expanded the extension to be larger than I'm comfortable with.

Have you by chance looked into the new lighting in the test builds? I'm wondering how this extension will play with that once it's released proper.

I was unaware of this coming update, so I didn't plan on it. Looking into it they don't conflict, nor are they redundant to each other. I won't change anything until they go live, but with how things look to be going I doubt I'll update anything beyond the spells module. To use them together as is, all you'd need to do is change it from "VISION: [#] darkvision" to "VISION: [#] darkvision; Darkvision;"

Do someone please explain to me how that works?
    I managed to add a Darkness token and then applyed the effect AURA: 20; Darkness; Darkness into it.

It worked as intended and the characters in the area got a FROMAURA: Darkness; Darkness effect on them.
    Characters that has darkvision seems to still have disavantage while on aura. As i seem to understand, i need to add an Race effect VISION: 60 darkvision to all my characters that already has darkvision so they don't get disavantage?

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Oliveira Machado View Post
    Do someone please explain to me how that works?
    I managed to add a Darkness token and then applied the effect AURA: 20; Darkness; Darkness into it.

It worked as intended and the characters in the area got a FROMAURA: Darkness; Darkness effect on them.
    Characters that has darkvision seems to still have disadvantage while on aura. As I seem to understand, i need to add an Race effect VISION: 60 darkvision to all my characters that already has darkvision so they don't get disadvantage?
    This extension just checks for an effect called "darkvision". I'll update it to include the more complicated text for when that update becomes live

Is the extension still useful with the new light update?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethkazin View Post
    Is the extension still useful with the new light update?
    This extension adds tags for disadvantage and advantage, which are not included in the new update. So yes it is still helpful

Thread Information