DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Correct. You can't apply edge more than once for the same action in a round. It's one or the other.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Maybe it was supposed to be a way to avoid Edge applying twice in a round, if you applied Effort to both a Might attack and a Might damage roll?

JPG
    Your right in that edge can only really be applied once in a round, though it's a cost reducer applied at the end of the overall cost of what your doing. Hence since it's broken into segments via the 'attack' and the 'damage', it's still the one action so edge, if you have enough, could in theory apply to the cost of both in the form of (Effort on attack + Effort on damage - Total Edge = Final Cost) but having enough edge for that to matter is quite rare. You would need to have at least 3 edge to reduce the cost of the first level of effort to nothing, for instance.

Would it be possible to have the text expression in the chat window mention 'left over edge' if the cost of what was done isn't using all of it as a method of allowing the GM's and players to track it when it's used on the attack roll? That would allow tracking of 'max edge', in case there is some niche case I'm unaware of that could cause it to matter. Otherwise, as far as I'm aware, there's nearly no reason to track it or use it as a limiting factor. It makes sense for effort, but edge is rarely if ever used in a way that trickling it out would matter.

I've only run the system for a few months, so I'm not 100% sure, but as far as I can tell there's nearly no reason to worry about anything other than using it as a lump sum in the calculations.

If I am able to do something, it will be very limited. (Apply edge always and let GM/players work out multi-roll, one action scenarios; or provide a simple disable.)

According to the rules, Edge can only be applied to one roll. So, there would be no "leftover edge", just a choice about which roll to apply edge to for each action. (if multiple rolls involved)

Regards,
    JPG

This was all tied to the Edge control on the desktop, which I'm removing. I'm streamlining the code and will make sure these issues get resolved as part of that.

Thread Information