DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can't drag and drop Features onto charsheet Features list

This appears to be true across all rulesets. Dragging the link for a Feature entry into the Features list on a character's Abilities tab no longer adds it to the list. This works consistently in FGC, but not in FGU.

Are you using any extensions? If so try in a new campaign without extensions. As far as I can see this is working - that is I can drag say the Barbarian Relentless Rage ability from the class into any PCs Abilities tab.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

No extensions, I've tested it with both the 5e and DCC rulesets alone. Here are steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new 5e campaign in FGU.
    2. Create a new PC and manually add a new entry to the Features list on that PC's Abilities tab; name it "Test Feature".
    3. Create a second PC, manually add a new Feature to that PC (to instantiate the list) and then try to drag the "Test Feature" anchor from the first PC's list to the second's.

The same applies if you import the 5e PHB module, add the Barbarian class to the first PC, and then try to drag the Rage feature from its list to the second PC's, or even if you open the Rage entry from the anchor in the first PC's list and then try to drag the anchor from within that entry to the second character's list.

You're correct that if I open up the Barbarian class entry on its own, I can drag class features from there (and only there) to a PC, but in FGC dragging from a PC worked as well. The reason this is problematic is that I have a number of homebrew extensions for various rulesets where non-class features are stored on reference pregen characters and accessed via anchors exposed through tables which can then be dragged onto PCs. This doesn't work if the only way to drag a feature onto a PC is from a class entry.

I suppose a workaround for this issue might be to create a dummy class and move all the non-class features to that, since it's apparently possible to drag those onto a PC regardless of whether they have that class or not... I'll give it a try.

With your further explanation I can concur. Dragging from one player to another does not work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Interestingly, the workaround -- dragging features directly from a class entry onto a PC as you described -- works fine in 5e but does not work for the DCC ruleset.

1. Create a new DCC campaign in FGU and import the DCC rulebook module.
    2. Open the Warrior class entry and tab to the class features list.
    3. Create a new PC and try to drag the Action Dice feature to it.

This works in FGC but not FGU. In Unity, I cannot find any way to get features onto a DCC PC other than by adding the parent class to that PC, which auto-adds all the features on that class (not a viable workaround for a "library" class holding dozens of non-class features).

Thread Information