DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Does the campaign have the Party Movement and Vision option on; and the NPC hawk marked as Friendly?

Otherwise, shared NPC records are not owned by players, just shared. This means that the tokens will only be moveable if that option is on.

Regards,
    JPG
    I’m totally confused. We need players to only see their own LOS - and if they own multiple PCs they just click on the one they own to move it. How would an NPC that is assigned to them not be the same?

Are you saying it’s impossible in this game to take full advantage of LOS with NPCs under player control?

That the only work around for familiars, pets, polymorphism, etc. is to lose the ability to not share player views?

Why?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Currently, there are two ways that vision is handled

1. Players can only move and see vision for tokens they own. (i.e. only PCs are owned by players)
    2. Players can move and see vision for any friendly faction tokens.

There is currently no mechanism to "give control" of a NPC to a player. When you drop the NPC on the portrait, you are just sharing a view of the NPC record for the player to look at. It's a workaround that people found to use a while back.

To implement NPC "control" would be something different, and something we would have to look at in the future.

For now, you would need to have the GM turn on Party Movement and Vision.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Currently, there are two ways that vision is handled

1. Players can only move and see vision for tokens they own. (i.e. only PCs are owned by players)
    2. Players can move and see vision for any friendly faction tokens.

There is currently no mechanism to "give control" of a NPC to a player. When you drop the NPC on the portrait, you are just sharing a view of the NPC record for the player to look at. It's a workaround that people found to use a while back.

To implement NPC "control" would be something different, and something we would have to look at in the future.

For now, you would need to have the GM turn on Party Movement and Vision.

Regards,
    JPG
    I just tried turning that on and I think I misunderstood it's function. I still can't see what another player sees when my character is active. Only their icon. I can live with that. Thanks for explaining.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

The party movement and vision means that you can move friendly faction tokens; as well as see their vision range when they are selected.
    By default, you only see vision for your PC-owned tokens, regardless of the setting.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information