DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Players can't select or move allies

Hi all, I may be doing something wrong as the GM. We are using Unity. I have set up my PC's each with an ally. I add both PCs and allies to the Combat Tracker. I then add the tokens from the CT to the map. The players can select and move their PC tokens just fine, but they are unable to select or move their allies. They can still roll for their allies and it all works as it should, they just have no map interaction.

I should say this all used to work just fine until a couple weeks ago when the functionality went away. They haven't been able to move their allies since, and the GM has to do all the movement. Any suggestions? (as you can tell, we're running a WWII campaign).

See attached screenshot. Thanks a bunch!
    select_allies.jpg

I join you in pain
    My druid in a 5e game cant move his Owl either.

I did this:
    adding the npc owl to combat tracker.
    switch Owl to friendly
    drag and drop owl from tracker to map
    drag and drop owl from tracker to pc
    - and it didnt work
    DnD 5e - Dungeon Crawl Classic - Savage World - DSA

I've sent a note to Ikael about adding that option into SavageWorlds ruleset. He overrides all the campaign options; so the default one from CoreRPG is not getting inherited like it does for all the other rulesets.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you Moon Wizard for being so responsive. Good news.

Just adding a post so that I see updates as we ran into this same issue tonight in our game. Thanks.

I remember from a Necropolis campaign a while back, that it had to be the corresponding allies turn for the player to be able to move them. Have you tried that?

Quote Originally Posted by chillhelm View Post
    I remember from a Necropolis campaign a while back, that it had to be the corresponding allies turn for the player to be able to move them. Have you tried that?
    I believe we tried it all three ways. When the combat tracker was not on either of them, when it was on the main character and not the allies, and when it is was on the allies. I even deleted the tokens at one point and added them back from the CT, but that did not seem to help any. I will have to try it again the next time we meet and make sure we do all three.

We had other odd token issues that night to though, it is just the Allie one that drove us crazy. I had one player who could move other 2 or 3 of the other players tokens, but not all of them (non-Allie tokens). And another player who kept having his token switch to "removed", at which point we had clear the ownership of his character sheet, remove him from the CT, and delete his token. Then reclaim, re-add to CT, and re-add token. Still not sure what was going on with that.

Basically, I have more trial and error testing to do once we can meet back up, and will report back. Our group only plays about once a month, so it will be several weeks before we are back on and I can try to recreate for more details. Our group is on the larger side with 8 players and 1 GM, so not sure if that is a factor or not.

The Savage Worlds ruleset in the Test channel enabled the Party Movement and Vision option found in the CoreRPG ruleset. It will be included in the next Savage Worlds update, once Ikael is ready to release. You can inquire on the Savage Worlds forum about specific timing.

Once this update is released, you can turn on the option to allow players to move any friendly token, not just those assigned to PCs they own.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The Savage Worlds ruleset in the Test channel enabled the Party Movement and Vision option found in the CoreRPG ruleset. It will be included in the next Savage Worlds update, once Ikael is ready to release. You can inquire on the Savage Worlds forum about specific timing.

Once this update is released, you can turn on the option to allow players to move any friendly token, not just those assigned to PCs they own.

Regards,
    JPG
    For sure this does not work (as of yesterday campaign) in 5E either. Unity seems to allow you to drag an NPC to be controlled by a PC but will never let them move them. It's kind of a pain for the DM to move any NPC they control. I've had to resort to coding up a Hawk PC (moved stats and made claw attack as best I could mimic the PC values) in order for him to have control of his familiar. It would be nice if this was fixed. It's the only major issue left for me in Unity 5E at the moment.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Does the campaign have the Party Movement and Vision option on; and the NPC hawk marked as Friendly?

Otherwise, shared NPC records are not owned by players, just shared. This means that the tokens will only be moveable if that option is on.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information