5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Unhappy Dungeon and Dragon (the magazines) conclude on Sept 2007

This announcement (at the moment displayed on Paizo's main page: https://paizo.com/) leaves me a bit sad. What about you folks?

End of an era true... but with Wizards taking the info online and Paizo branching out ... Im inclined to believe all is well.

yet another of Hasbro's brilliant ideas coming to fruition. I have been so disenchanted with this company since Hasbro took over. They seem to make the dumbest choises. it is almost as if they have a huge disconect with the people who buy their products.

Very sad. I hope Pathfinder works for Paizo. Wizards seems like they are betting the farm on online. If they fail, Hasbro may well just gut and dump D&D.

Hmmm

Hmmm. And I just recently subscribed.
    Sed quid custodiet ipsos custodes?

starting rumors...

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    Very sad. I hope Pathfinder works for Paizo. Wizards seems like they are betting the farm on online. If they fail, Hasbro may well just gut and dump D&D.
    I live in the area of WoTC and scuttlebutt has it that they are trying to dump Avalon hill and possibly the d20 system. a scarce rumor had it that White Wolf was talking to them about it.

now I must say that we need to consider the source here.
    My brothers' cousins', babysitters', friend, heard it from her dog groomers' ex wife's son on a Sunday morning.
    but is sounds like a Hasbro thing.

In a way, I hope they do manage to drop Avalon Hill, as long as they sell it to someone who plans to really do something with the division. AH made some great board games back in the day - an art long since ceded to the Germans - and it'd be great to be able to pick up a shiny new copy of Advanced Civilization (or, better yet, an Even More Advanced Civilization using some of the fan ideas floating around the Intarweb) or Dune.

Hasbro is a typical american corporation - everything is about the bottom line. The magazines just aren't selling.

Whenever I look at a copy of Dragon since the last "rebuild", I look at the comics and Class Acts section and then put it back on the rack - that's just not worth $50 a year to me or anyone else I know. Add in the fact that most of the actual gaming content that's in them ends up showing up in a book a whays down the line, and you're really paying $50 a year for ads and a few pages of fiction - most of which isn't all that great.

I'm sad to see the mags die, but if that's what they think people want for their money, then I'd rather see it go.

I AM gonna miss Zogonia, tho
    Last edited by Illrigger; April 19th, 2007 at 22:56.

I quit getting Dragon many years ago. I have been a subscriber to Dungeon since the first issue, it is just so convient to have a bunch of small adventures for ideas or to for fill in or side adventures and the price per adventure was very low. The adventure paths have been popular recently and I hope the pathways does well for them. *shrug* I switched my remaining subscrition over to it. Whether I'll continue after the credit is used up I don't know. It seems awefully pricey. The PDFs might be another story and certainly would make input into FG easier.

The Bad: WotC. How could they do this? They think their online crap will be better than Dragon and Dungeon? WotC has yet to do anything good, or even decent, electronically. Stupid move and WotC won't be getting anymore money from me.

The Good: Paizo. Erik Mona's done wonders with this company. The magazines were the best they've ever been in his hands. And if anything good comes of this, it's Pathfinder. A devoted Adventure Path with way more content and goodies than we got in Dungeon. Plus, it's being released in both hard copy and PDF! PDF=excellent for FG! I'm very happy about this!

Summary:
    Wizards, rot in hell!
    Paizo, marry me!

Thread Information