STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 28 First ... 789101119 ... Last

Thread: PFRPG Spellbook

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    It seems like the spells from Occult Adventures are not included (at least not Synesthesia or Telekinetic Projectile)

Perhaps they are not on AoNPRD?
    They are on d20PFSRD so I do believe they are available for inclusion under the SRD rules.
    Hey bmos,
    That's weird. I checked the module and they are all there. I specifically looked, in Fantasy Grounds, for the 2 you indicated and I can see both of them. Can you give me any more details on where you are not seeing them?

Fantasy Grounds - Synesthesia.png
    Fantasy Grounds - telekinetic.png

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Hey bmos,
    That's weird. I checked the module and they are all there. I specifically looked, in Fantasy Grounds, for the 2 you indicated and I can see both of them. Can you give me any more details on where you are not seeing them?

Fantasy Grounds - Synesthesia.png
    Fantasy Grounds - telekinetic.png
    Ah, I had forgotten to load the module in a new campaign (for editing my PC while GM's server was offline).
    Sorry to waste your time. I think next time I will do a search of db.xml to make sure

Regarding polymorph spells, it might be worth making copies of each for differently-sized PCs (at least medium and small as they are most common).
    This way the size change bonuses could be incorporated into the effects. If you think that makes it too messy, it's always possible to copy/paste it in on the character sheet.
    EDIT: I have added the effects code for characters with base size of small to the linked post as well.
    Last edited by bmos; October 3rd, 2020 at 18:15.

Regarding polymorph spells, it might be worth making copies of each for differently-sized PCs (at least medium and small as they are most common).
    This way the size change bonuses could be incorporated into the effects. If you think that makes it too messy, it's always possible to copy/paste it in on the character sheet.
    EDIT: I have added the effects code for characters with base size of small to the linked post as well.
    Yes, I agree that this needs to be implemented. The question is how exactly to implement.

The trouble with adding it directly to each Polymorph spell is, as you alluded to, that it will create a very large number of effects. The Polymorph spell currently has 10 entries for it. If we just do entries for Small and Medium sized PC's we are up to 20 entries (30 if we keep the base version and add a version for Small and Medium). If we add Large we are up to 30 entries (40 if we keep the base). Other polymorph spells have less but some have even more (Polymorph Greater starts with 29 different effects )

I think what I am going to do is add a new entry that has a chart showing all the adjustments and has all the effects for changing size. I will then link this in the spell description so that it can be pulled up separately and the correct size adjustment effect can be applied separately from the Polymorph spell effect.

I'm certainly open to other suggestions if anyone has them?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dllewell; October 7th, 2020 at 23:32.

Version 4.4 has been uploaded. The following spells have been updated/fixed.
    • Flame Strike - Thank you Darrenan
    • Angelic Aspect - Thank you Svandal
    • Bestow Planer Infusion - Thank you bmos

In addition, more details for sizes changes for Polymorph spells have been added. A new page describing the effects has been linked into each of the Polymorph spells and the effects themselves have been added to the effects library.

Nice work with the polymorph effects, the effects library is a great place for them (and your approach of standardizing less common sizes to medium or small is a great idea).
    Perhaps their durations should be blank rather than 1? It really is too bad that effects can't be linked directly in formatted text blocks.

A possible improvement would be to break out each spell into copies such as:
    "Form of the Dragon I [Y]" --> "Form of the Dragon I [Y] (Small Characters)" and "Form of the Dragon I [Y] (Medium Characters)"
    This would allow the effects to be combined with the spell's effects and your conversion effects could be used with uncommon base sizes (and could be left in the combat tracker turned off when polymorph was not in use).

Also, FG Classic is having trouble with some of your apostrophes (see Form of the Dragon I [Y], specifically the mythic description).
    Last edited by bmos; October 9th, 2020 at 16:58.

Nice work with the polymorph effects, the effects library is a great place for them (and your approach of standardizing less common sizes to medium or small is a great idea).
    Perhaps their durations should be blank rather than 1? It really is too bad that effects can't be linked directly in formatted text blocks.
    Oops. I assumed that leaving the duration blank in the xml would default to 0. Apparently it defaults to 1. Thanks for catching that bmos. I have fixed that and uploaded a new version that sets the duration to 0 for all these effects.
    Last edited by dllewell; October 9th, 2020 at 16:39.

Also, FG Classic is having trouble with some of your apostrophes (see Form of the Dragon I [Y], specifically the mythic description).
    Yes. That is on my list to fix. All the mythic text was copied in and all the apostrophes are the 'wrong' ones that FG doesn't like

A possible improvement would be to break out each spell into copies such as:
    "Form of the Dragon I [Y]" --> "Form of the Dragon I [Y] (Small)" and "Form of the Dragon I [Y] (Medium)"
    This would allow the effects to be combined with the spell's effects and your conversion effects could be used with uncommon base sizes (and could be left in the combat tracker turned off when polymorph was not in use).
    Hmm, let me think on that one. I like the idea of being able to combine the size effects with the spell effects. But that is offset by my concern over confusion for people when they see two versions of the spells. For me and you, and anyone else that reads the thread, its clear what each version of the spell is for. But for someone who just loads the module I think it might be a little confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Oops. I assumed that leaving the duration blank in the xml would default to 0. Apparently it defaults to 1. Thanks for catching that bmos. I have fixed that and uploaded a new version that sets the duration to 0 for all these effects.
    If you have already loaded version 4.4 before these latest changes were made you will need to 'Revert Changes' to the module to see the correct times on the effects.

Thread Information