DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 28 First ... 67891018 ... Last

Thread: PFRPG Spellbook

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    You'd think, but I'm sure many use "Petrified" as the effect title to match the past-tense approach of named conditions.
    hah, good point

Flame Strike does not have 'half on success' set.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    I found something on Angelic aspect, greater:
    The effect should be:
    Angelic Aspect, Greater;DR:10 evil; IMMUNE: acid;IMMUNE: cold;RESIST: 10 electricity;RESIST:10 fire; SKILL: +4 fly; IFT: ALGIN (evil); AC:4 deflection;SAVE:4 resistance

Your effect is:
    Agelic Aspect, Greater;DR:10 evil; IMMUNE: acid;IMMUNE: cold;RESIST: 10 electricity;RESIST:10 fire;AC:4 deflection;SAVE:4 racial

So I highlighted where it is wrong.

The AC and save is only vs evil opponents.
    The +4 racial save is only vs poison, but the +4 resistance save is vs evil.
    Spell gives you 60 feet flyspeed with good maneuverability. In pathfinder this gives +4 on fly checks

Other note. For the incorperation with Kels mods these should be added as effects: (I don`t think petrification is a spelltag)
    IFTAG: zero, one, two, three; SIMMUNE
    IFTAG: poison; SAVE: +4 racial
    Thanks Svandal.

I've made the changes to Angelic Aspect, Greater. I've also fixed Angelic Aspect and Angelic Aspect, Lesser. These changes have been made in my local working copy. They will be included in the next release version.

For Angelic Aspect, Greater I've made the changes you indicated except for the Skill bonus. It is my understanding that only a creature that has a natural fly speed gets the bonus. The spell gives the caster a fly speed (which means they can treat the Fly skill as a class skill) but the creature does not have a natural fly speed so doesn't get the bonus.

From the Core Rulebook
    "Creatures with a fly speed treat the Fly skill as a class skill. A creature with a natural fly speed receives a bonus (or penalty) on Fly skill checks depending on its maneuverability."

So the new effect is:
    Angelic Aspect, Greater;DR:10 evil; IMMUNE: acid;IMMUNE: cold;RESIST: 10 electricity;RESIST:10 fire;IFT: ALIGN(evil); AC:4 deflection;SAVE:4 resistance

Additionally I have added a second effect for the Poison. It has 'Expend' set to 'On Next Roll' with an effect of:
    Angelic Aspect, Greater (Poison Save);SAVE:4 racial

I've added a note to handle the petrification when I incorporate Kels mods.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Flame Strike does not have 'half on success' set.
    Thanks darrenan, that has been fixed in my local working version.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post

For Angelic Aspect, Greater I've made the changes you indicated except for the Skill bonus. It is my understanding that only a creature that has a natural fly speed gets the bonus. The spell gives the caster a fly speed (which means they can treat the Fly skill as a class skill) but the creature does not have a natural fly speed so doesn't get the bonus.

From the Core Rulebook
    "Creatures with a fly speed treat the Fly skill as a class skill. A creature with a natural fly speed receives a bonus (or penalty) on Fly skill checks depending on its maneuverability."
    I did not know about that rule, wow that is badly written That just opens up a big can of worms of weird situations, like why the fly spell even has a maneuverability at all.
    Oh well, I think this could go either way, so no skill bonus is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    I did not know about that rule, wow that is badly written That just opens up a big can of worms of weird situations, like why the fly spell even has a maneuverability at all.
    Oh well, I think this could go either way, so no skill bonus is fine.
    I agree with you. I could see that being ruled either way. It feels like that sentence is there to clarify the difference between having a natural fly speed versus gaining a fly speed some other way, such as a spell. But I could easily see it being interpreted the other way. As you said, poorly written.

Bestow Planar Infusion I, II, and III have source listed as Horror Adventures but are from Planar Adventures.
    The spell section of Planar Adventures also has the text:
    The spells presented on the following pages all have ties to one or more of the planes of the Great Beyond, and at the GM’s discretion, discovering them may require travel to obscure planar sites.
    I'm not sure if this optional prereq is worth noting in the description of the Planar Adventures spells or not.
    Last edited by bmos; September 26th, 2020 at 19:14.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Bestow Planar Infusion I, II, and III have source listed as Horror Adventures but are from Planar Adventures.
    The spell section of Planar Adventures also has the text:

I'm not sure if this optional prereq is worth noting in the description of the Planar Adventures spells or not.
    Thanks bmos. I've changed those in my local working version.

Let me think more on adding the optional prereq. My initial thought is no. There are a number of spells that have optional restrictions, mostly around rarity of spell and suggestions for not making them easily available. If I add this to the Planar Adventure spells then, for consistencies sake, these type of restrictions need to be added to all the other spells that have them. At least in my mind they do. And to honest, I'm just not sure that it is worth the time and effort to do that

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Thanks bmos. I've changed those in my local working version.

Let me think more on adding the optional prereq. My initial thought is no. There are a number of spells that have optional restrictions, mostly around rarity of spell and suggestions for not making them easily available. If I add this to the Planar Adventure spells then, for consistencies sake, these type of restrictions need to be added to all the other spells that have them. At least in my mind they do. And to honest, I'm just not sure that it is worth the time and effort to do that
    That was my thinking also. You have already covered the 'universal prerequisites' such as racial restrictions (which a lot of SRD sites totally miss!).

It seems like the spells from Occult Adventures are not included (at least not Synesthesia or Telekinetic Projectile)

Perhaps they are not on AoNPRD?
    They are on d20PFSRD so I do believe they are available for inclusion under the SRD rules.
    Last edited by bmos; September 30th, 2020 at 13:58.

Thread Information