DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 28 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: PFRPG Spellbook

Version 3.2 has been uploaded to the original post. All 2nd level spell actions have been added.

Version 3.3 has been uploaded to the original post. All 3rd level spell actions have been added.

For some of the spells, I have used the STACK feature from Nickaemus' Player Effect Removal Extension. It's still not required to use the extension as the action with the STACK feature will still apply without the extension, it just won't have the added functionality that the extension offers.

I have also changed the module icon. As I progress further into this it is becoming clear that this will remain a forked version of Farnaby's spellbook and will probably not be merged with Farnaby's Spellbook at the end. With that in mind, I changed the icon to avoid confusing the 2 modules.

I know you're already on level 3, but have you considered including Kelrugem's new IF operator?
    It allows you to fully automate more spells like Blessings of Courage and Life and others that give bonuses/penalties to saves of a particular type.
    Last edited by bmos; June 26th, 2020 at 19:01.

I had previously looked at using Kelrugem's 'Save versus Tags' extension but due to the fact that I am updating the xml directly there is no easy way to add the <othertags> that are needed for his extension.

Additionally, I'm trying to avoid having the module being dependent on extensions. This can lead to issues if, for whatever reason, the extension is no longer available.

The Player Effect Removal Extension is ok because the module still runs even if the extension is not installed.

Having said that I do really like what Kelrugem's extension does. My plan is to finish up the version of the Spellbook I'm working on right now and then I will go back and attempt to make another version of it that uses Kelrugem's extension.

Loved the mod, tested it yesterday and found a typo in the fireball, line 67453 -> <save type="string">REflex half</save>
    Also I would say that the rtouch of the fireball should be made in another action or removed, as most of the time you would just use the reflex save.
    Last edited by Thamyor; June 29th, 2020 at 18:57.

Thanks Thamyor.

I have fixed the typo.
    I have split the cast into 2 actions. 1 for the Ranged Touch Attack and 1 for the Reflex save. Additionally, I have updated the Reflex save to only apply half damage on a successful save.

These fixes will be included with the next release (once all the 4th level spells have had actions added to them)

Great work on the mod! Thanks for sharing. One recommendation is to match naming conventions for Classes and Schools of spells for ease of searching for those options with other data or mod files. E.g. School and Source on the window. Eliminate referencing multiple: Clr, Cleric, cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by beelezebrent View Post
    Great work on the mod! Thanks for sharing. One recommendation is to match naming conventions for Classes and Schools of spells for ease of searching for those options with other data or mod files. E.g. School and Source on the window. Eliminate referencing multiple: Clr, Cleric, cleric.
    I'm not following exactly. Can you give me a specific example?

I'm using the same format as Archive of Nethys uses.

For Level, I use the full lower case name of the class.

For school, I used a format of -- school (subschool) [descriptor]

The source is added as the last part of the description.

Spell.jpg
    Last edited by dllewell; July 8th, 2020 at 18:06.

Sure thing, it's when you are searching and pulls from the Level information in your screen shot. In your reference mod, you've used lower case. E.g. cleric. Other mod spell supplements use other cases, but I suppose if you've gathered most of the spells it may be a moot point. It's an annoying point for me on the original PFRPG (Clr) vs their other data files as well - such as Ultimate Magic (Cleric).

spells_fgc.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by beelezebrent View Post
    Sure thing, it's when you are searching and pulls from the Level information in your screen shot. In your reference mod, you've used lower case. E.g. cleric. Other mod spell supplements use other cases, but I suppose if you've gathered most of the spells it may be a moot point. It's an annoying point for me on the original PFRPG (Clr) vs their other data files as well - such as Ultimate Magic (Cleric).

spells_fgc.PNG
    OK. I see what you are referring to now. Thank you. I'll take a look and see what options are available.

Thread Information